My Upcoming MintyPi Project

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Mnky_6659

My Upcoming MintyPi Project

Post by Mnky_6659 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Hey guys!
I'm really interested in making a MintyPi! I will buy all the parts right after Helder restocks the button PCB set.
Then, I'll update you guys with what I have so far.
This is my first time making a project like this, so if you guys have any tips for a beginner like me, post a comment! I hope this project turns out well! :D

KonnorJ

Re: My Upcoming MintyPi Project

Post by KonnorJ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:14 am

The best advice i can give is too practice before you go straight into the mintypi, use some of helders practice boards before hand and read abrugschs soldering guide to make sure your soldering skills and knowledge are up to scratch, also male sure you have a good soldering iron not a $5 one that will get way too hot and most likely break something.

Mnky_6659

Re: My Upcoming MintyPi Project

Post by Mnky_6659 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:06 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:14 am
user also make sure you have a good soldering iron, not a $5 one that will get way too hot and most likely break something.
My father is a skilled solder-er (is that a word?) and will probably help me with those soldering parts, he also has a soldering iron. I have read the guide and will most likely buy the practice board.

Thanks for the tip though!