Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by Helder » Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 pm

DieselDummy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:38 am
I had some trouble with my first build, all issues have been fixed and I just wanted to share something. First I would like to say thank you for the help with troubleshooting in these forums. They have been extremely helpful.

I was among those who received shipments before April and had some issues, all of which have been addressed in a timely manner thanks to Helder and LTM.

The issue that I would like to share was with the video feed. I was getting nothing on my screen except White. All sound worked and I checked continuity multiple times as well as reflowed the screen ribbon about seven times. I decided to check continuity one more time between the gpio on the pi and the mainboard. Somehow I lost continuity on the pad labeled "SCK". Reflowed that one at the pi itself, and everything works perfect.

Just wanted to share that in case somebody wants to add it to the Wiki or this thread. Thank you again for the time an effort that was invested into this project.
Unfortunately ANY of the SPI LCD GPIO will give you a white screen if it has no continuity or has a weak joint and it break connection for just a second. So in your case it was this pin but someone might have the same symptom but it could be one like D/C or RST as the problem, good rule of thumb is if you have a white screen check the SPI GPIO and reflow them.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

robnet

Post by robnet » Thu May 23, 2019 4:18 pm

@helder are you planning to do any more batches of laser-cut tins? I like the look of the finish on those things, plus I'm quite lazy ;)

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:24 pm

robnet wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:18 pm
@helder are you planning to do any more batches of laser-cut tins? I like the look of the finish on those things, plus I'm quite lazy ;)
He just posted some custom tins up for sale today. Keep an eye out on his website for more.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:25 pm

Helder wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Unfortunately ANY of the SPI LCD GPIO will give you a white screen if it has no continuity or has a weak joint and it break connection for just a second. So in your case it was this pin but someone might have the same symptom but it could be one like D/C or RST as the problem, good rule of thumb is if you have a white screen check the SPI GPIO and reflow them.
Also, it's worth noting that if your screen works fine outside of the tin but doesn't work inside of the tin that means you have a weak connection. The board flexes once you get everything screwed down.

robnet

Post by robnet » Fri May 24, 2019 2:39 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:24 pm
robnet wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:18 pm
He just posted some custom tins up for sale today. Keep an eye out on his website for more.
ah ok, looks like i'm not getting notifications then, which is strange because i did get them previously. I'll try with a different email, cheers

vehcklox

Post by vehcklox » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:39 am

FYI the batteries and boards on for sale on Helder's site again.

madmanmcgirt

Post by madmanmcgirt » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:44 pm

Very happy to say I Purchased a Minty Pi v3 kit on June 8th, And my order is on its way woohoo.
My only issue is that the altoids tins are out of stock, and unfortunatly they don't sell them (for whatever reason) Here in Montreal. So I will have to wait until they are back in stock, or until someone i know goes to the states, and get them to pick a tin back for me. :-)

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 am

I believe he will have stock within the next week.

robnet

Post by robnet » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:19 am

@helder I'm having some trouble purchasing a Pre-Cut MintyPi Tin - I saw the email for a new batch today and following the link i see that 7 are available: https://heldergametech.com/shop/mintypi ... color=blue

however, clicking "Add to Cart" gives me a message "You cannot add "Laser Pre-Cut MintyPi Tin - Blue" to the cart because the product is out of stock."

Is there any other way to order these? Feels like I've been waiting for ages, maybe 'm just not fast enough getting to the store when you do have them available :(

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:57 pm

robnet wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:19 am
@helder I'm having some trouble purchasing a Pre-Cut MintyPi Tin - I saw the email for a new batch today and following the link i see that 7 are available: https://heldergametech.com/shop/mintypi ... color=blue

however, clicking "Add to Cart" gives me a message "You cannot add "Laser Pre-Cut MintyPi Tin - Blue" to the cart because the product is out of stock."

Is there any other way to order these? Feels like I've been waiting for ages, maybe 'm just not fast enough getting to the store when you do have them available :(
There are hundreds of people in wait for these so you getting there and it being sold out is likely to be the case, sometimes there is so much movement the site does not update the onscreen quantity but the backend of the system is working which gave you that message.

I just don't have the time with work and getting my house ready to sell and to move to site there and just do tins. Maybe when I'm settled in the new house in a few months I can whip out tons of these but it's a first come first serve basis right now.

I know you're likely thinking how about a preorder of these and I'd say no to that because I'll likely take in more order for them than I can do in a timely manner.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.