Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
is343
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:23 am

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by is343 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Ah, it seems as though it won't let it even add it to your cart if you're outside the US. I'm planning on having it shipped to family in the states, so I guess you have to use a vpn for that.

User avatar
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am
Location: Fall River, MA
Has thanked: 1408 times
Been thanked: 3075 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by Helder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:38 pm

is343 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:19 pm
Ah, it seems as though it won't let it even add it to your cart if you're outside the US. I'm planning on having it shipped to family in the states, so I guess you have to use a vpn for that.
If you're using a VPN to order the batteries but they are going to someone here in the USA that's fine but if you or anyone is planning on using logistics companies to re-mail things out especially to the countries I banned sales to like the Asian countries I will ban you and your email and refund you.

Someone tried this today and needless to say he will not be getting a kit through me, also you could have emailed me to talk about this personally instead of making it public. :roll:
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!


Chat with me and other members


Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.


Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

mrnato
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by mrnato » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:19 pm
-2 short pieces of wire for the speaker. 30 gauge silicone coated is recommended.
I have pre-ordered the pi kit and in the video it was said that no wires have to be soldered. Is this true? No problem if it is or isn't, I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

User avatar
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am
Location: Fall River, MA
Has thanked: 1408 times
Been thanked: 3075 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:11 am

Only for the speaker as mentioned here and on my site where you bought the kit.
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!


Chat with me and other members


Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.


Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

Apis
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by Apis » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:08 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:11 am
Only for the speaker as mentioned here and on my site where you bought the kit.
Hey Helder, i know this answer was posted somewhere else..... but im having trouble remembering where. What gauge do you suggest for the speaker wires? Thank you.

User avatar
MintyJam
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:34 am
Has thanked: 267 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by MintyJam » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:02 am

Apis wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:08 am
Helder wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:11 am
Only for the speaker as mentioned here and on my site where you bought the kit.
Hey Helder, i know this answer was posted somewhere else..... but im having trouble remembering where. What gauge do you suggest for the speaker wires? Thank you.
LilTrublMakr wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:19 pm
-2 short pieces of wire for the speaker. 30 gauge silicone coated is recommended.
There you go, to refresh your mind. :D
Small icon-sized "logos" you can use in textShow
mintyPi logo: Image = https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png
GB CM3 logo:Image= https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png
PS: Use it as pictures!Show

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png[/img] (mintyPi)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png[/img] (GB CM3)
Image Image
Smart and Creative

Ziploc99
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:02 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by Ziploc99 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 am

The batteries on Helder's site are sold out. Would there be additional ones coming or should I go for the suggested alternative?

Thanks

User avatar
MintyJam
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:34 am
Has thanked: 267 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by MintyJam » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 am

Well, I'm afraid that there will be no second round for the USA, only for Europe / UK... So I guess you could better get the alternative, or be patient and see if there will be a second time for the USA.
Small icon-sized "logos" you can use in textShow
mintyPi logo: Image = https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png
GB CM3 logo:Image= https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png
PS: Use it as pictures!Show

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png[/img] (mintyPi)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png[/img] (GB CM3)
Image Image
Smart and Creative

Online
User avatar
LilTrublMakr
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:39 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 95 times
Contact:

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by LilTrublMakr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 pm

According to Helder, there will be a second round of batteries for US. Timeline is hopefully late February for them to be able to get ordered. EU people should be able to order theirs around the same time also.

US people can join an email wait list on the battery page to be notified when more batteries are in stock: https://heldergametech.com/shop/mintypi ... 3-battery/

Ziploc99
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:02 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Minty Pi v3 FaQ: Pre-Order Edition!

Post by Ziploc99 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 am

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 pm
According to Helder, there will be a second round of batteries for US. Timeline is hopefully late February for them to be able to get ordered. EU people should be able to order theirs around the same time also.

US people can join an email wait list on the battery page to be notified when more batteries are in stock: https://heldergametech.com/shop/mintypi ... 3-battery/
Well that's just fantastic, thanks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest