mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.

Would you be interested in a mintyPi v3 Lite?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 29

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:05 pm

There will be a shutdown option since the battery monitoring will be included so the pi will shut itself down when low battery but you still have to physically flip the power switch.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

qaz015393

Post by qaz015393 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Nice! So like a script from the safe shutdown bit still need to turn it off? Just to triple check. Lol yeah you can sign me up for one of them. Guess will have to come back every day or wait until i hear you are taking them pre/orders. Batches.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:07 pm

qaz015393 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm
Nice! So like a script from the safe shutdown bit still need to turn it off? Just to triple check. Lol yeah you can sign me up for one of them. Guess will have to come back every day or wait until i hear you are taking them pre/orders. Batches.
No pre-orders just orders. I'm going to through a headache of finding the screens right now and if things don't go my way then it will have to be a different LCD for this build but it is a "Lite" version so I suppose it won't be a deal breaker since I am downsizing on features for it to be cheaper anyways.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

qaz015393

Post by qaz015393 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Helder wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:07 pm
qaz015393 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm
No pre-orders just orders. I'm going to through a headache of finding the screens right now and if things don't go my way then it will have to be a different LCD for this build but it is a "Lite" version so I suppose it won't be a deal breaker since I am downsizing on features for it to be cheaper anyways.
Nice. I hope you can find them. Good luck. Yep not much of a deal breaker since it's a lite version.

Megazard

Post by Megazard » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:01 am

My only request is that you keep the headphone jack

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 am

Megazard wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:01 am
My only request is that you keep the headphone jack
Nope it's gone but there is ample space on the side of the tin it used to be in if you want to add it yourself.

kombilife

Post by kombilife » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:22 am

sooo would the V3 be no longer available at all? what about the people that can afford it.

The features of the V3 is why i wanted build one.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:46 am

kombilife wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:22 am
sooo would the V3 be no longer available at all? what about the people that can afford it.

The features of the V3 is why i wanted build one.
The screens are no longer available. That's why. He would have to dramatically increase the price to cover the cost of replacement screens and does not want to do that to the community.