Keyboard

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Kema_Newton

Keyboard

Post by Kema_Newton » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am

Is a powered usb hub required to use a keyboard because I cannot get the minty pi to register the keyboard. I have an adapter that I’m using to plug it in btw.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Keyboard

Post by Helder » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Any keyboard will work by plugging it into the microusb port with an adapter but I know logitech ones are better ones, you can also use a Bluetooth one if you turn on Bluetooth within the mode menu.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kema_Newton

Post by Kema_Newton » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Thank you for your reply but I’m using a corded Logitech keyboard and no response is being recorded. I’m not sure if it needs more power than the micro USB port is capable of supporting or the keyboard doesn’t want to play nice. I’m certain the keyboard is good but the status LED doesn’t light up when I plug it into the pi. Could it be a problem with the pi like the port is shorted?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 am

Not sure but the mintyPi v3 outputs 5v, enough to power the keyboard. Be sure the adapter is not one of those thin ones you insert into the inside of the usb socket and is not upside down and test it on a PC first to be sure it works.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kema_Newton

Post by Kema_Newton » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:08 pm

It’s okay. I don’t need it I went out and bought the K380 from Logitech. Full Bluetooth. I’m good. Thank you tho!