The "A" pad is no longer recognizing

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
lord_of_misrule

The "A" pad is no longer recognizing

Post by lord_of_misrule » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Hey all, I was wondering if I could pick yer brains:

So I built my 1st mintypi last year and it was a success! Had absolutely no issues...until now. For some reason, the A pad stopped registering. I tried hooking up a controller, but you need the A pad to get to the Configure Inputs menu. I took it apart, cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, still nothing.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Oh, it's the new AIO version 1.0

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-misrule

infinitLoop

Re: The "A" pad is no longer recognizing

Post by infinitLoop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:48 am

lord_of_misrule wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:24 pm

So I built my 1st mintypi last year and it was a success! Had absolutely no issues...until now. For some reason, the A pad stopped registering. I tried hooking up a controller, but you need the A pad to get to the Configure Inputs menu. I took it apart, cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, still nothing.

Thanks,

-misrule

sounds like the solder connection on the a pad is bad. the A button is pin 12 according to the config, so I'd just add a little solder there.

also, if you use a usb keyboard instead of a controller, it should work without having to configure it first, since the buttons are mapped as a virtual keyboard. the left ctrl button is A and the left alt button is B. start is Enter and the arrow keys should work.

lord_of_misrule

Post by lord_of_misrule » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:01 am

Thank you! That totally did the trick!

riomdr

Post by riomdr » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:28 am

infinitLoop wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:48 am
lord_of_misrule wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Thanks,

-misrule

sounds like the solder connection on the a pad is bad. the A button is pin 12 according to the config, so I'd just add a little solder there.

also, if you use a usb keyboard instead of a controller, it should work without having to configure it first, since the buttons are mapped as a virtual keyboard. the left ctrl button is A and the left alt button is B. start is Enter and the arrow keys should work.

Thanks for the help infiniteloop. Will update you on the woodforest bank login output soon.