Adding ROMs via ExtFS: Micro SD Won't Mount

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Jonut521

Adding ROMs via ExtFS: Micro SD Won't Mount

Post by Jonut521 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Ok, so the past few days with this system has been a whole heaping helping of issues.

I've been looking to do a project like this for a while, particularly the MintyPi Lite. Now that I'm a college student, I ordered the pre-soldered kit and all parts to put it together. I have my own Micro SD card, so I waited for the parts to come in and got to work.

When it came time to add ROMs to the system, I followed the V3 Guide on the wiki (https://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php/ ... rring_ROMs) before hitting a major roadblock: I live in a dorm, which doesn't allow private WiFi, and therefore device to device ftp is disabled, and I had to add ROMs through a Linux driver.

After struggling with virtualbox and ubuntu for a while, I settled on the 10 day free trial of ExtFS for Windows. Finally, I had a software that recognized the SD card, verified it and said it was clean, and tried mounting it. Nothing.

I click "mount," checkmark "read/write," select a volume drive letter that isn't used for any other driver on my computer, press mount, and nothing happens. It refuses to mount the SD card.

I really don't know what's going on here. Like I said, I'm using the MintyPi Lite, with a Raspberry Pi Zero W, a 64GB Micro SD card (ik the card has way more space than needed, it's just what I had lying around), and I'm running Windows 10, x64, on an HP Laptop. Windows recognizes the card, I flashed all the info on it with no problems, my MintyPi works perfectly when the card is in the system, I just can't get ROMs on the thing. Please help, I've been struggling all day and there's only 9 days left of my ExtFS trial!

Bush Master

Re: Adding ROMs via ExtFS: Micro SD Won't Mount

Post by Bush Master » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:04 pm

I have had some problems with this as well. I don't think you can just dump roms onto the sd card by just plugging it in, it may be possible though. I have the same internet problems that you have. what I do is use two windows 10 computers. 1 to make a private hotspot and 1 to ad the roms over wifi. If you have 2 windows computers, I can tell you how to do it. If not, then we will have to look into something else. You could also use your phone to make a hotspot. If I am totally not understanding your situation, then please explain further.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Adding ROMs via ExtFS: Micro SD Won't Mount

Post by Helder » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 am

If you have a Linux machine you can just put the SD card into it and the home directory among many others will be available to you where you can just add roms that way. On a Windows PC there is a driver to see the Linux partitions but it is a pay driver and not free. Look up :
Paragon ExtFS for Windows
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.