FTP Issue

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
kombilife

FTP Issue

Post by kombilife » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 am

G'Day everyone,

I finally got around to building my v3, had a few small issues along the way, etcher completely crashes my computer when trying to burn the image so ive used win32 disk imager instead, the wifi config file was missing but i solved that with LilTrublMakr's supplicant generator.

The issue im having now, is transferring ROMs via FTP, i wanted to load up a game to test the speaker, buttons etc before finishing the build, I followed the instructions to a T here https://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php/ ... rring_ROMs. I get this error in FileZilla when trying to connect

Error: FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
Error: Could not connect to server

Response: fzSftp started, protocol_version=10
Command: open "pi@192.168.0.141" 22
Command: Trust new Hostkey: Once
Command: Pass: *********
Error: FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
Error: Could not connect to server

The only difference i can see is when i enable FTP on the mintypi and the tutorial is it only says "FTP enabled" on the screen instead of "FTP enabled You can connect to your mintypi at ftp://mintypi.local/" not sure if thats the difference. I feel like im missing something very simple

Cheers,

kombilife

Re: FTP Issue

Post by kombilife » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:15 am

Ive also downloaded the other 2 recommended programs, cyberduck and win scp, they also wont connect. Does anyone at all have any idea whats going on? ive reflashed the image multipled times, i have updated it from in the mintypi itself, still with no luck. ive desoldered the pi and resoldered it back on which did nothing, ive tried another SD card. if i cant get this FTP to work then i will be throwing it in the bin and start building the Lite version that i have and hope for a better outcome

kombilife

Re: FTP Issue

Post by kombilife » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:05 am

I got it sorted, if i have the port set to 21 it connects just fine. Although im having another issue which i will outline in a different thread