Mintypi V3 mode button doesn't work on battery.

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Pezmir

Mintypi V3 mode button doesn't work on battery.

Post by Pezmir » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:52 pm

The mode button was working fine a few days ago but now it isn't. I am using the V3 board with the V3.5 screen, 3.5 power board, and 3.5 image.
What's even weirder is that it turns out the mode does work when its powered over micro usb but when its powered from the battery it does not work. I'm at a complete loss because the mode button doesn't work on the micro usb when it is hooked up to the battery but when I unplug the power cable that connects the charging board to the button pcb the mode button resumes working.
I changed the mode button to select and once again it worked when powered via micro usb but over battery the mode shortcuts never came up. Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this because I am dumbfounded? GND, Battery Power, TX pin, Power Button wire and L/R are the things that connect the power board to the main button pcb so I'm not sure why mode refuses to work on battery power.
I even reverted back to the V3 image to see if that would make a difference and I still had the same issue.
I also realized that it runs slower and more sluggish (choppy sound and games that are normally full speed run at 60-80% speed) on battery as opposed to when its just plugged in through micro usb. It seems like something is damaged that's causing less power from the battery. How can I check if the proper amount of power is going through. Could it be something wrong with the boost circuit?
20210606_221933.jpg
20210606_221933.jpg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 3756 times
20210606_221740.jpg
20210606_221740.jpg (3.46 MiB) Viewed 3756 times