MintyPi Practice Solder Boards {Ruin These and NOT Your Real Boards}

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
roddie

Re: MintyPi Practice Solder Boards {Ruin These and NOT Your Real Boards}

Post by roddie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm

This is an excellent idea - I just ordered 3 of each. I haven't picked up a soldering iron in probably 30 or so years. The last time I did it, I ended up using half a spool of solder and a really big solder blob on the bench.

DieKatzchen

Post by DieKatzchen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:05 pm

This is genius. Won my Mintypi so Wermy did the actual soldering, but was thinking of making something like the GBA pi thing that Ryzee made. Gonna need to brush up on the necessary technique.

RodneyChops

Post by RodneyChops » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:36 pm

Probably a dumb question, but i'm going to ask it. I've ordered 3 of these, and finished two... Every pin goes great, and shows continuity (near zero resistance on my cheap meter lowest setting 200ohm), except for some reason the ground pins show more resistance... I've gotten the same on two boards.. just confirming, this means i don't have the ground pins soldered correctly? It shows like 1500 on the 2000ohm setting.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:06 pm

RodneyChops wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:36 pm
Probably a dumb question, but i'm going to ask it. I've ordered 3 of these, and finished two... Every pin goes great, and shows continuity (near zero resistance on my cheap meter lowest setting 200ohm), except for some reason the ground pins show more resistance... I've gotten the same on two boards.. just confirming, this means i don't have the ground pins soldered correctly? It shows like 1500 on the 2000ohm setting.

You can't get a real meter with a continuity setting like a cheap $7 Harbor Freight meter?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

RodneyChops

Post by RodneyChops » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:27 am

Don't think I've see those stores in Canada. This meter is the only one they carried at my local hardware store. My brother in law is going to give me a Fluke-117A next time I go see him. He tells me it's more of an electrician meter than anything, but it should beep.

I wonder if there is a threshold for resistance they beep at. I'll try googling that I guess.