How do I connect the new screen to an older board

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
SudoStuff

How do I connect the new screen to an older board

Post by SudoStuff » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey ya'll!

How can you connect Helder's latest screen (part of the v2.1 combo that just went out) to his older v2 PCB. That PCB does not have a ribbon connector (as I was aware when I purchased it). I'm just wondering if it's possible? Can I wire the screen directly to the PCB test pads? Or do I solder wires from each of the tiny pads where the ribbon connector would go on both the screen and the PCB?

Or just get a different screen?

Also, How do I know which wire goes where? I guess, I'm asking how do I trace it?

Thank you all in advance!! Best community ever.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: How do I connect the new screen to an older board

Post by Helder » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:23 pm

If you have the v2 board and a v2.1 screen just wire the test points which are labeled pretty clearly on both boards to the matching one. Example LED to LED, GND to GND, etc.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

SudoStuff

Re: How do I connect the new screen to an older board

Post by SudoStuff » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:00 am

Helder wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:23 pm
If you have the v2 board and a v2.1 screen just wire the test points which are labeled pretty clearly on both boards to the matching one. Example LED to LED, GND to GND, etc.
VERY CLEARLY! I can't believe I didn't notice. Time to take a break. Lol

Thanks bud!