Burnt pi?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Sushi

Burnt pi?

Post by Sushi » Sun May 20, 2018 3:05 pm

My MintyPi is entirely complete, but the Pi stopped booting last night. I suspected it was the SD card, so I replaced it and it worked for another boot. Again, it stopped booting. This time, I disassembled it and did a continuity check. I noticed that the SD card was extremely hot. I haven't tried another SD card yet, but I'm wondering if I'll just have to replace the Pi at this point. Any thoughts? Either my Pi is eating SD cards or the SD cards are two-for-two bad.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Burnt pi?

Post by Helder » Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 am

Check the voltage at the SD card slot, it might have a bad regulator and is sending the wrong voltage to the SD card and likely the LCD too.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.