A button not working

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: A button not working

Post by Helder » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Google is your friend and if you know nothing about a project do research about it beforehand so you're familiar with the basics of the Retropie Operating System and the raspberry pi.

Look here for instructions on how to SSH.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... troPie-41/

I also fixed your image link.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

PianoHook

Post by PianoHook » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 am

I need the Pi's IP address to use SSH and I cant get it without use of the A button. What do I do? Is there another way to find the IP address?

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:55 pm

okay, so i see from the image now that the a buttons is soldered to GPIO 13. Did you add 13 into the retrogame.cfg?

As for the ip, yes, you will need 'a' to open that menu within Retropie. Another option, is to log into your home router, and see the connected devices. If the minty pi is connected it will show up as 'retropie' or something similar and show you the ip. I have no idea how your ISP works, but for me I simple enter http://XXX.XX.X.XXX. (all the x's are actual numbers) Google how to log into your ISP's router, and you should see the pi.

also, if you have access to a bluetooth keyboard, you can simply type ifconfig in the terminal to see the ip.

Mario.Semiglia

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 am

hey! SSH is what allows you to enter the retropie system from your computer using wify! for that you will have to conect to the internet on your pi... the easiest way is to insert the sd card on your pc and create a text folder called wifikeyfile.txt on the boot folder... you can find information about that on github.com
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Wifi
about that because I am not 100% shure of how It works, after that you should plug the micro sd card back on the pi turn it on and see if you can find it on your computer sharing center... after you do that you need to download a progam called putty and with that program you can log in to the systems and modify files using comand as "cd boot" which means change directory to boot and so on... there are lots of tutorials in the internet of how to do so... and then you need to activate SSH, and then you need to change the retrogame.cfg which is on the boot folder using the comand

Code: Select all

sudo nano retrogame.cfg
good luck