No sound

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Feynamn1

No sound

Post by Feynamn1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi All,

I've soldered the sound card to the latest mintypi PCB. When I power the board the mintypi and sudomod animations appear as they do when the sound card it successfully detected, but no sound comes from the speaker I soldered onto the other side of the PCB. Before I removed the USB plug and the audio jack I found that the sound card works just fine. Can anybody spot the problem with my setup from the pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

https://imgur.com/a/pVooKst

https://imgur.com/a/mCblizx

theabstractpyro

Re: No sound

Post by theabstractpyro » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:14 pm

same problem here. I went through 3 cards, all of which I tested before soldering, and I swapped out my speaker a couple of times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Soldering looks right, try making sure the pi is sending power to the pcb where you have the red wire attached to vcc and I assume you're using the a usb wire connected to the pi to test it all?

Another thing to try also is to solder the speaker directly to the usb sound card output and see if there is sound. Trying to rule out the traces from those pads under the pcb to the top where the speaker is soldered to.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Feynamn1

Post by Feynamn1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 pm

I may have figured out what's going on. I tried out a new unaltered sound card using a USB connection to the right port on the pi. Sound worked with headphones. But then I only removed the audio jack, added the right wires, and soldered onto the speaker I was using. No sound came from the speaker. Looks like I just have a broken speaker. I'll try the setup again once I have new speakers.