Alternatives to Helder's PCB (Confused Beginner)

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
klotzii

Re: Alternatives to Helder's PCB (Confused Beginner)

Post by klotzii » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:48 pm
First off I hope you know what these don't come with a LCD or Battery Monitor Chip, second since there is no LCD so you need to order one like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142848465482

And you need to solder it on yourself.

Third do you have the proper tools and some soldering skill to do the job? A thin tipped soldering iron (temp control is great if it has it) and a multimeter to test continuity (this IS A MUST HAVE TOOL)?

I have had people want the kits but have no idea about the actual solder job or have the tools so I need to know YOU know how to assemble one (using Wermy's video guide is helpful).

If you're not sure about the build get some practice boards first:
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/voiBAAlu
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/UTRejiOx

these imitate a pi and my board so you can practice soldering to them first before doing it for real, get these especially if you plan to do this as a first time project of this kind. I really don't want to walk people through all of this or trouble shoot things that are because of lack of experience and tools. This project can be done by novices but with the right tools and a little practice, hence why you get the practice boards before tackling the real deal.

So if you want me to consider selling my super limited stock of these I need to know you have the above.
Hi helder,

no worries, I´m definitely not an electronics-noob...
I´v got the Display, I know how to work with my Weller soldering station and I also know, that these v2 Boards are "raw" without any Battery Monitor...etc...

So please let me know, how I can get to one or two of these boards (i´ve sent you a PM some days ago...)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Wailer wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:41 pm
Helder wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:06 am
I also have a few spare blank mintyPi v2 boards left. What does this mean by being blank if your wondering? It means it's everything but the battery monitor chip and LCD are included, the LCD you can get cheaply on ebay and battery monitor is not necessary to build one of these.

Hi Helder,

Thanks for making your last v2 boards available.

Can you tell me/us, if we wanted to make the whole board complete, wich chip (and other parts) would be needed to make the battery monitor functional.

Thanks Wailer.
you need the ADS1015 msop version of it and all the Resistors around it are 10k 0603 size. C1 and C2 are 10uf 0603 6.3v, the FB1 and FB2 are some ferrite beads 0805 size (any that are 100Mhz is fine).
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Jaxton

Post by Jaxton » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Helder wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:06 am
I also have a few spare blank mintyPi v2 boards left. What does this mean by being blank if your wondering? It means it's everything but the battery monitor chip and LCD are included, the LCD you can get cheaply on ebay and battery monitor is not necessary to build one of these.
Hey Helder I wasn't sure if i should directly contact you with PM or reply to this thread, but I was hoping that I could purchase one of these spare blank mintyPi v2 boards since the kit's are sold out. I already have got all the other pieces that are used in Wermy's video just need the Pcb board :) . Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!