Led Screen not working

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Yeebtz

Led Screen not working

Post by Yeebtz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:01 pm

I've connected raspberry pi to the mintypi control board and everything reads as connected, but when plugged into the screen and a power source the screen does not turn on or run the system. When I checked to make sure that the ribbon cable connected it properly I discovered that when any of the other pads are connected to the led pad, the screen turns on. I'm not sure what to do about this.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Led Screen not working

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:41 am

I don't quite understand what you're saying and maybe some pictures of the wiring will help us understand better.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Yeebtz

Post by Yeebtz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 am

I included some photos below.

The first two photos are of the mintypi connected to power, but as you can see the screen is not working.
IMG_1682.jpg
IMG_1682.jpg (101.48 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
IMG_1674.jpg
IMG_1674.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
The next three are photos of what happens when I test the connections, as you can see when the LED pad is connected to any other pad the screen turns on.
IMG_1685.PNG
IMG_1685.PNG (1.28 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
IMG_1683.PNG
IMG_1683.PNG (1.28 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
IMG_1684.PNG
IMG_1684.PNG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3643 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 am

Oh just add some more solder to the pins on the back of the lcd board and the main pcb.

just reflow those pins there labeled in the image, you can do continuity tests too using the points on the picture as well to be sure it's all having proper continuity.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Yeebtz

Post by Yeebtz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:44 am

Great I’ll try that!!! Thanks!!!

Yeebtz

Post by Yeebtz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:38 pm

I added solder to the pins like you said to, but the screen is still not working. I included photos in case it did it wrong.
Attachments
IMG_1693.jpg
IMG_1693.jpg (85.67 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
IMG_1694.jpg
IMG_1694.jpg (62.55 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Check continuity from the Pi GPIO pins to the LCD board pins, there must be something off.

Yeebtz

Post by Yeebtz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:55 pm

I checked the continuity using the pads, and again touching the actual pins and it all said it had a connection.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:41 pm

When the system is running try squeezing the gpio area where the LED GPIO is, if it's a bad connection there squeezing it will make a good connection momentarily while it's squeezed and point you in the right area to look at. Also check that 3.3v is soldered on properly (the GPIO) it might have a bad joint.