Power issue

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Mario.Semiglia

Power issue

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 am

Hallo guys, im posting a pic of the digram i used for my mintipy, it seems that when the micro usb port from the power boost touches the tin the system switches off, I followed the guide but I do not think I did it wrong... anyways here is the digram, please tell me if its wrong
powerboost.png
powerboost.png (40.25 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Power issue

Post by Helder » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:09 pm

An actual picture of your soldering and wires will better help us figure things out, it's likely some wire from the battery positive is touching the tin which is a GND point therefore shorting it out.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mario.Semiglia

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:33 pm

So, I know that it looks massy, but the sodering its strong, one off the things that I made different is that I cutted the plastic underneath the power boost to save some space, so the powerboats sits flat on the tin, thats why I put some tape arround it...
SpoilerShow
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (671.38 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
so I also tried when the system is turned on to put some pressure on top of the red wire to see if it could touch the tin but nothing happens, the real problem is when I shorten the micro usb to the tin, then I GET SOME NICE SPARKS and the system turns off :oops: so I do not understand what is going on... do you think it might be a defect on the powerboats itself? I have other ones laying around and I could try changing it

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Sounds like your tin is on positive power. By connecting the micro usb you bridge micro usb connector (which is always ground) and positive tin potential on the surface of the cut-out.

Check your swich soldering: maybe this is connecting to the tin.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:24 pm

The cut out you made is likely the problem, the board is likely shorted to the tin. Likely positive is touching the tin then when you plug or touch the usb connector which is GND it shuts off. Check the bottom of the powerboost to see if any wires are poking the bottom of the tin.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:36 am

Measure the voltage of your tin to power ground if you switched on your mintypi. As Helder mentioned: possible areas to check for touching the tin:
-Charger board buttom
-Battery-end (there is usually a small protection board covered in capton tape
-Power switch soldering