PCB is toast

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
e36bobbo

PCB is toast

Post by e36bobbo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Need to buy a replacement PCB. Didn't realize I had a dead Pi before it was too late. Tried to heat the PCB but didn't have the proper tools, so as you can see from the pic it's Fuc*ed. If anyone is feeling generous, please let me know. Thanks!
IMG_20180803_172902.jpg
IMG_20180803_172902.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 2995 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: PCB is toast

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:58 pm

Sorry amigo I just gave my last board to another member here who did the same monstrosity as you. I'm getting some boards made soon so I will order 10 blanks of the v2 for sometime next week so people such as your self don't feel left out and I don't get hounded by people asking me all the time about boards.

You will have to transplant the parts from that board to the new one though.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

e36bobbo

Post by e36bobbo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Sounds good man! I just wanna get this thing finished up, so whatever I could get would be great. As far as transferring parts goes, you mean the ribbon connector and battery monitor? I can live without the battery monitor if that's beyond my skills but I imagine the connector will make things much smoother for installing the screen, so I'll transfer that if I can.

Should I PM ya next week or just wait to hear from ya? Still have the PayPal info, just let me know and I'll send you some coin. Thanks!!

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 pm

You can try to run thin bridge wires from the death solder pads to the coresponding test pads. And I did not looked in detail but your ribbon connector looks to have some solder bridgimg the connections. This needs to been fixes as well.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:38 pm

I'll solder on a connector for you so it's a simple redo of everything else for you.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

e36bobbo

Post by e36bobbo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Right on!