Bad screen / ribbon cable

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Bad screen / ribbon cable

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:42 pm

The LCD board not the controller PCB. It also doesn't look like you added any solder to those pins on the connector on the controller pcb which would be a good idea to do as well as the one on the lcd board.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

TechIsAmazing

Post by TechIsAmazing » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Here is an image of the back of the LCD board: https://imgur.com/a/SeOSOHr

I tried to add some solder (with flux) to the ribbon connectors on the LCD board, and it still did not work. So I tried to add some soldier to the button pcb connector and it did not work either. :(

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:04 am

Everything looks good there, I honestly don't know what the cause could be. Only thing I could suggest is reflow the actual LCD pins and redo the LCD GPIO pins to be sure they are super solid.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

TechIsAmazing

Post by TechIsAmazing » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:21 am

Okay, I can try that... Thanks! :D

Is it possible that I have a defective screen? And how would I go about getting a replacement?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:35 am

Doubt it's the lcd since it works fine until you play around with the ribbon, have you tried to put this all in the tin? that ribbon doesn't get much movement.

TechIsAmazing

Post by TechIsAmazing » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:05 pm

I did try it with holding the button pcb steady, however even with the slightest movement, I still get the lines... Which leads me to believe that it's either the ribbon cable or the screen.

Everything on the button pcb and the Pi work fine when I tried it with an HDMI on the TV.

How would I go about getting another screen / ribbon cable?

Thank you!!!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Honestly just send me the whole kit and I'll figure it out and replace whatever it needs replacing. Send me the controller pcb and lcd with pi soldered on as well as the SD card. Send it in a BOX not some padded envelope as if things get damaged in the mail then I'm not responsible.

Send me a PM to get my info.

TechIsAmazing

Post by TechIsAmazing » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Sent you a PM!

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:27 pm

Any resolution to this? I'm having an intermittent white screen as well.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:50 am

Reflowing the screen gpio on the pi and reseating any ribbons might solve it.