homemade PCB???

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Sileon45

homemade PCB???

Post by Sileon45 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help guide me and give me advice to make my own PCB for the MintyPi 2.0. I dont exactly have the time to wait for the V3, and i wanted to make one compatible with the updated 2.0 stl files. If anyone can help me on this that would be greatly appreciated. I am making a MintyPi for my High School Computer Science club and we need to know what we need so we can order all the parts.

rodocop

Re: homemade PCB???

Post by rodocop » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm

if you really want a home made one, I would do something like this:

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3054

He is using it for shoulder buttons in a GBZ, but the same concept applies for a minty pi. Just need to make contacts for the buttons. Alternatively you could use tactile buttons instead of solder, but you would need to find some small ones. Likely equivalent to the ones used in the start and select.

Something like that maybe?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/100pcs-6x6x2-5m ... 1907378576

As for the screen, buy any ili9341 2.4" screen, and used an adapter board like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-4-inc ... 32378.html

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/zUNmnlLF

Solder the screen to it (18 pin ribbon cable), and then run 8 individual wires from that board to the pi.

Follow the Wermy's guide to see how to do all the audio and power etc....And have a look at this for how to connect the screen:

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2312

Honestly, just wait for the V3, unless you really want to DIY.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Sileon45 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:43 pm
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help guide me and give me advice to make my own PCB for the MintyPi 2.0. I dont exactly have the time to wait for the V3, and i wanted to make one compatible with the updated 2.0 stl files. If anyone can help me on this that would be greatly appreciated. I am making a MintyPi for my High School Computer Science club and we need to know what we need so we can order all the parts.
I have a few loose v2 boards without battery monitor or lcd I can sell you, send me a PM. These are just some left overs from a recent order to replace some customer's boards which were damaged so don't expect them to be widely available.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Sileon45

Post by Sileon45 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 am

Pm sent!

tombomber

Post by tombomber » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 am

Helder wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:40 pm
Sileon45 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:43 pm
I have a few loose v2 boards without battery monitor or lcd I can sell you, send me a PM. These are just some left overs from a recent order to replace some customer's boards which were damaged so don't expect them to be widely available.
Hello Helder, do you have any more loose v2 cards? Write me please, thank you.

tombomber

Post by tombomber » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:01 am

Sorry, boards.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:48 am

Sorry sold them last week in time for Christmas.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

tombomber

Post by tombomber » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Ok, thanks.