heating issues?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
eggbowl

Re: heating issues?

Post by eggbowl » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:55 pm

is there anything else i can try to get my minty pi working?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:20 pm

I'll post an image to check voltages on the power board, if those are good then it has to be on the controller pcb.

Would be nice to see your soldering as often that is the problem.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

eggbowl

Post by eggbowl » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:55 pm

eggbowl

Post by eggbowl » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:52 pm

any update?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:31 am

Use the voltage checking capabilities of the multimeter to be sure there is voltage at these points, obviously 5V is only when you have a usb plugged it but we aren't checking for this right now. The other thing I can think of is making sure GND is a solid joint on the GPIO to the controller PCB because the power button is tied to GND when you press it so a weak or broken connection will not start the device.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

eggbowl

Post by eggbowl » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:03 pm

i checked the voltages, they are all good except for the one at C1 i can't get any type of reading.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:59 am

See if you have continuity from the battery + to the RED point I marked here on FB3.

eggbowl

Post by eggbowl » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:03 pm

No there's no continuity between them

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:09 pm

then something on the way from the battery to that point on the pcb is off or needs some extra solder to reflow. Using the Battery + pin and the spots I marked in Red a few posts up on the powerboard find where there is no continuity.

I also hope you have both the power board and controller PCB connected with the black cable harness otherwise you will not have continuity since they aren't connected.