MintyPiV3 No L/R Buttons in SNES or GBA

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
NeonJesterface

MintyPiV3 No L/R Buttons in SNES or GBA

Post by NeonJesterface » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:04 am

I have everything running fine, except I went to play Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and the R button didn't do anything, so I went to configure my inputs, but then I couldnt get the start+select shortcut and for some reason the R button would reset the game. Out of ideas I reflashed the thing but I still don't get any response from either button in Minish Cap or Megaman X, I assume this is some kind of configuration problem but I have no clue where to look, or what to change. Any help would be great, otherwise I'll just avoid games that need them

LilTrublMakr

Re: MintyPiV3 No L/R Buttons in SNES or GBA

Post by LilTrublMakr » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:51 am

It sounds like the shoulder button board didn't get soldered on properly. Did you check for continuity before putting it together? Should be continuity between the pads of the power board (that you soldered on to) and the actual pads where L and R are. I'll post a pic of test points later but am unable to right now.

NeonJesterface

Post by NeonJesterface » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:50 am

Ive got continuity from the holes on the Pi to the button pads, heres a terrible pic of my solder joints, excuse the hot glue residue
Attachments
LRsolderjoint.jpg
LRsolderjoint.jpg (29.47 KiB) Viewed 4964 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm

It's likely a software issue please give us a little time as we are tweaking somethings and this is likely a software issue. I will post here when you can use the mintyPi update in the RetroPie menu to solve the issues.

You could also try continuity from those solder points to the GPIO for the L/R button on the Pi itself to rule that out.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

NeonJesterface

Post by NeonJesterface » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Helder wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm
You could also try continuity from those solder points to the GPIO for the L/R button on the Pi itself to rule that out.
I checked from button pad to GPIO, Ill double check in about 4hrs when I get home from work

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Check from those solder joints you posted the picture to be sure there is good continuity from them.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

NeonJesterface

Post by NeonJesterface » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Yep, continuity checks out for all 3

Bluebomber

Post by Bluebomber » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:35 am

I also seem to be having the same issue and my connection points on the shoulder button board & minty PCB are showing continuity.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:35 am

This is a known software issue. I'll hopefully have a new image up for download this weekend. :)
ImageImageImageImage

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 pm

FYI the image took a little longer than expected. We're testing it now, should have it up in the next few days. :)
ImageImageImageImage