V3 Build Issues with Screen and Sound

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
KillFace

Re: V3 Build Issues with Screen and Sound

Post by KillFace » Tue May 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello all,
I am currently in the exact same situation as Zetazot in terms of screen output. The screen is oriented in the wrong direction and produces the same odd images. I also received my kit within the last week so the fixes made to the earlier versions shouldn't apply to this board. Where my situation differs is that I am using the most up to date version of MintyPi (mintyPiv3_20190501) and I am quite confident that I have solid continuity between the Pi and the V3 at all points. I have used my multimeter to check that I have a connection between each GPIO on the Pi and the pads on the V3 five separate times and each time I clearly had continuity. After my third continuity check I went back and re-flowed all of my soldering points to ensure a good connection, but still got the same issue with the screen. During each test of continuity, I also made sure that there were no bridges made during my soldering by checking each GPIO with its surrounding neighbors. I have attached images of my setup, but if you would like a different or better view of something I would be happy to include it. Right now I am at a loss as for what to do next, and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Update:
In an effort to determine the issue I did some further troubleshooting I decided to try burning the image to a different Micro SD to rule out a bad card. Sure enough, after installing the image again on a different card I have a crystal clear picture on my screen. My advice to Zetazot would be to do the same, cross your fingers and think happy thoughts. I hope this helps.

zetazot

Re: V3 Build Issues with Screen and Sound

Post by zetazot » Tue May 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad you got yours up and running! I had some luck getting it to boot up with my SD card. The screen and everything appears to be fine, but I haven't had a chance to test any games out.