Melted face plate again

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Feynamn1

Melted face plate again

Post by Feynamn1 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 pm

So this crap happened again. I initiated a shutdown by closing the pi, the battery had half a charge, and I noticed that the tin was getting warm in my pocket. I get home and the the faceplate is actually smoking, and I have to quickly open it up to take out the battery. The screen showed that the pi kept recycling the reboot process and the pi itself was very hot. I used a different speaker then last time and the sound was turned off. So what is happening? Also it was the latest image.
Attachments
IMG_1369.jpg
IMG_1369.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1838 times
IMG_1368.jpg
IMG_1368.jpg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 1838 times
IMG_1367.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1838 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Melted face plate again

Post by Helder » Thu May 09, 2019 11:17 pm

No idea, it might be a bad pi or bad pcb or you have a short somewhere. Send me the whole thing back as is and I'll replace the audio chip or the controller pcb if it's faulty. I'll check the Pi too to see if that's not the issue as well.

Don't expect me to offer any of these services to anyone else, the reason I am is that it could be a fault in that kit and you're likely to ruin it trying to remove the pi or chip.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Feynamn1

Re: Melted face plate again

Post by Feynamn1 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:30 pm

Thank you Helder I appreciate your offer. I'll message you later about the details.