Random white screen and restart

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
bar

Re: Random white screen and restart

Post by bar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:09 pm

I redid those points and checked for continuity. They are solid, but the problem still occurs.

rrrelapse

Post by rrrelapse » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Running into the same issue. I have one of the first batch kits and I haven't removed the resistor from the back of the LCD yet but it seems to run fine aside from this problem. Any progress on the troubleshooting for this?

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:58 am

Try removing that resister and report back.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 am

rrrelapse wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Running into the same issue. I have one of the first batch kits and I haven't removed the resistor from the back of the LCD yet but it seems to run fine aside from this problem. Any progress on the troubleshooting for this?
So ignoring the removal of the resistor which has been said causes the screen to give out before the battery level is really low and hence the reason to remove the resistor isn't a good option to try? If it's not then there is no other fix since that is what causes the white screen.
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!

Chat with me and other members

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.

Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

rrrelapse

Post by rrrelapse » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:57 am

I assembled my kit before the LCD resistor fix was announced and haven't play tested it until now. It was just some background information to possibly help diagnose the problem. I won't have time to do it for a couple weeks but I'll report back whether or not it solved the issue when I do. Thanks for the reply guys.

bar

Post by bar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:19 pm

I am still having the same issue after lots of troubleshooting.

Things I have tried:
- Testing 3.3v, 5v, and ground pins with test pads
- Loosening faceplate screws to components don't make contact with each other
- Powering pi from micro usb to test for bad pi

Is there anything else I can try?
If any more info is needed let me know. Thank you.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:40 pm

When did you get the kit? someone else came in and posted about their similar issue and you never responded back till now.

If you got the kit earlier this year then you might have a bad screen that needs a reflow on the ribbon if it's recent then EXTREMELY likely your soldering is the problem. Do you have a multimeter handy to test continuity on the screen GPIO points? Use this image here to test the continuity:

My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!

Chat with me and other members

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.

Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

bar

Post by bar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm

I received the kit in late May so I will test the pins again. Thanks for your response.