MintyPi v3 will not turn on at all

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Stanzilla2

Re: MintyPi v3 will not turn on at all

Post by Stanzilla2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:17 pm

Should I have 3 pins with continuity with the 3.3v test point? Should all of the unassigned pins be connected to the ground?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 am

There are 2 that are 3.3v and 1 that gets 3.3v but only when turned on. There shouldn't be any other pin with 3.3v.

No sound means no 5v, check 5v to the D1 point if you haven't done so.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 am

Have you checked all the pins with each surrounding pin to check for shorts? Like this? Nothing should have continuity unless otherwise noted.

(And yes, I completely just made my first gif from scratch...)

Stanzilla2

Post by Stanzilla2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:44 am

I did was was in the gif and nothing was shorted but these pins had continuity. The two 5v pins had continuity with D1.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (846.97 KiB) Viewed 3421 times

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:04 am

So if I understand correctly, you can power through the RPi but not the power board? Or can you power through the power board and just not see anything on the screen or get any sound?

Stanzilla2

Post by Stanzilla2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 pm

I havent connect the power board yet, so I am powering through the raspberry pi and nothing on the screen and no sound.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Test continuity from the screen GPIO to the LCD test pads to be sure you have continuity going to the LCD board for all connections. No LCD lighting means that 3.3v or GND is bad or the LCD might need a reflow which is unlikely needed for the batch of kits you got but if all else fails it's something to look at.

Just use this here to see what GPIO is what and go test the continuity from these points to the labeled points on the back of the LCD.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Stanzilla2

Post by Stanzilla2 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:46 am

My multimeter says there is continuity. It beeps whenever there is continuity. Is there anyway to get someone with more experience with this project to look at it, I have no experience with raspberry pi or electronic soldering so I've probably messed up somewhere?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:51 am

Best work something out with Liltrblmaker above then if you need someone to look it over and fix if necessary.