Mintypi V3 No audio

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
ketaketish

Mintypi V3 No audio

Post by ketaketish » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:45 pm

I am at the stage where i am ready for first test.

I ensured continuity from all test pads. And when booted, i have video on screen and buttons work, but i have no audio.

I tested both the speaker and headphone jack with no sound.
I even connected the speaker to other hardware and it works fine so i know my issue is not with the speaker.

What would be the entire path of audio where i can test further?
I tried to re-flash the image on 2 different SD cards in case it was a software issue, but no luck.

Thank you,

LilTrublMakr

Re: Mintypi V3 No audio

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:50 am

I know you have said you checked for continuity but those are the pins related to audio.

If you can check from the top of the headphone jack to the speaker for continuity, it would rule that out.

You can also try and bypass the headphone jack to see if that is causing the issue. Just bridge the skip pad with something (hold a paperclip to it while sound is (supposed to be) running).

ketaketish

Post by ketaketish » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:32 am

Thank you for a response.

So i checked continuity where you suggested.
I dont have continuity is on the SPK+ to SPK- on the front of the PCB.
And i don't have continuity on the 2 places indicated on the headphone connector.

All the other areas you mentionned do have continuity.

**Edit**
I did also try to solder the "Skip" pads to see if speakers would work with no luck.

Thanks.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:46 am

Did you bother to look at the source of the audio? The 5v points in the image as well the 3 other GPIO for audio?

These no audio threads are getting old, there are like 3 or 4 other ones with the same problem and the same answers and solutions posted above. What I'm getting at is do a search or look a bit and you'll likely find your answer, it's the soldering as it always is.

Be sure continuity is present like the image above shows especially the 5v pad.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.