Power Issue?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Darkplume84

Power Issue?

Post by Darkplume84 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi All,

I just finished building my mintypi and Ive come into an issue. While playing the screen will go black, then white, then the retropi splash screen pops up and the system restarts. I was one of the people who had an early run of Helders parts, but I sent them back to Helder to fix them. I also ran into some sound issues so I sent my unit to LilTrublMakr to take a look, and while he had it he made sure all the solder points were good and cleaned the board up for me. Anyone know what the issue could be? Im a total novice and this is my first project so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

LilTrublMakr

Re: Power Issue?

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:14 pm

Have you charged the battery? I don't remember if I did for you or not.

Darkplume84

Post by Darkplume84 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:38 pm

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:14 pm
Have you charged the battery? I don't remember if I did for you or not.
yes sir. full charged

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:49 am

If the battery is loose somehow or the battery is not fully charged it could happen to restart. When does this happen? Is it all the time or right when you turn it on? Is it random?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Darkplume84

Post by Darkplume84 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:55 am

Helder wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:49 am
If the battery is loose somehow or the battery is not fully charged it could happen to restart. When does this happen? Is it all the time or right when you turn it on? Is it random?
It's totally random. Sometimes I could play a game perfectly fine. Other times it will just keep happening. I'll reopen it today and see if the Battery is shifting around at all. I'll report back when I can. Thank you for help.

Darkplume84

Post by Darkplume84 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:11 pm

So I opened up the mintypi again and everything seems fine. I tried moving the battery around to see if maybe its getting dislodged in some way but it doesnt move at all. One thing I did notice though is that my raspberry pi is really hot when its on, is that normal? If anyone else has any ideas of what I could do to try and fix this problem please let me know.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Someone else had a similar heat issue too but not sure we ever discovered the issue. It could be soldering issue between the pi and pcb. How hot does it get? Like hot to where it will burn You? The pi gets hot normally but not enough to burn you.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Darkplume84

Post by Darkplume84 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:17 am

I guess not really hot, but it did seem hotter than normal. I did find out something though. It only resets when Im playing it. I charged the battery to full and let a game run until the battery died and it never rest. Could I be touching something together that shouldnt be when Im pushing down on the buttons while playing games? I do have the pi covered with kapton tape though so Im not sure.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Since this is the v3 there is very little chance of that happening but what I think it is from you're playing it and it resets is a weak GND or 3.3v and or 5v point. Redo those points really well especially the GND which has many GND gpio, I suggest soldering down a few to be sure that is solid.

Darkplume84

Post by Darkplume84 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:16 pm

I will try out your suggestions and report back with updates.

Thank you