Power Issue?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
PowderFan

Re: Power Issue?

Post by PowderFan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi,

I just finished putting my device together and I have the same problem.
After some testing it was the connection from the Power/LR Board to the PCB, that little cable that somehow causes the problem.
When I disconnect and reconnect that cable it works again. It seems to loosen I just don't know why.

The wires I used to connect the speaker are way too thick so everything is kind of tight in there and maybe that is why it gets loose.
But so far all my soldering connections check out well.

Also, I think if it would be a problem with the VCC or GND soldering, then it would also cut out if you turn on the device over the micro USB on the front. I can play without end when I'm connected via micro USB.

Is there a way to run some wires from the power/LR board to the PCB? Or do I have to push the connector in further?

PowderFan

Post by PowderFan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:46 am

Hi...sorry...

to be honest...I don't even know why I would argue against the advice of a master xD

I had connection for the 5V pins and all ground pins...I added more magic silver stuff to the 5V pins and the devils electrons flowed better i guess...My problem seems to be fixed. Thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Yes arguing is normal as people tend to be defensive of critique of the likely issues that they don't want to admit could be the issue.

The thing is this is my 4th run of MintyPi kits and I have seen more than enough people think their soldering is 100% but it often isn't even though it looks good.

It takes a few kits of soldering to really know what is what and have enough experience to do them without issue. Which is why Wermy makes it look easy, it's experience but now you're on your way to being experienced in these project.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Gandagorn

Post by Gandagorn » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:56 am

Hello,
I also had a similar problem where the pi would keep restarting randomly, I figured out that when I pressed down on a certain part of the 3d printed face plate with the buttons in them, it would restart. Does this happen when you press down on a certain area?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm

If that happens guess what your issue is.... that's right bad soldering. Not so much as it's bad (but I can't see it to judge) but you have a weak joint between the pi GPIO and the solder pad of the controller board, and it's either a power GPIO or very likely a GND GPIO.

Since you know the location of where you press the face plate you have a general idea of which GPIO to reflow.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.