MintyPi V3 Works on USB power, will not power on from battery

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Falstaff

MintyPi V3 Works on USB power, will not power on from battery

Post by Falstaff » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm

When I power the Pi from the micro usb everything works great, but when I try to power it through the battery it won't turn on. The charging light displays green so battery is charged. I have checked all the pins with each surrounding pin for shorts and verified continuity according to the below diagram. Any suggestions on next steps?

--
English doesn't borrow from other languages; it follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose grammar!

Falstaff

Re: MintyPi V3 Works on USB power, will not power on from battery

Post by Falstaff » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:14 am

Ok, I solved my own problem. Chalk this one up to not checking everything. I pulled the power board to check continuity on the cable from pcb to the power board. It was fine, but then I noticed that one or maybe two of the power connectors had adhesive on the pins. I cleaned that off and it started right up. turns out the battery was completely dead though, that green charging light was misleading too.

Ah, well at least I'm back in business. :D
--
English doesn't borrow from other languages; it follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose grammar!