Mintypi not connecting to new WiFi networks

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Kema_Newton

Mintypi not connecting to new WiFi networks

Post by Kema_Newton » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 am

I recently got a new router and thus a new password. In retropie typically you can search for other networks. Before I made the mintypi I’d had the same pi zero as a permanent retropie and flashing the sd card I didn’t have to do any of the WPA supplicant flies so I didn’t figure I’d have to do it again so u didn’t do it for the mintypi image. I’d rather not have to take my mintypi apart so can someone help me?

LilTrublMakr

Re: Mintypi not connecting to new WiFi networks

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:39 pm

You can either buy a USB female to micro usb male adaptor (https://smile.amazon.com/Ksmile®-Female ... ltmtech-20) and plug a keyboard in to it or to take it apart and add it to the sd card manually.

The only way you can do it without opening it or paying for an adapter is to set the old router up temporarily (just plug it in, you don't need internet access) and transfer a new supplicant file with the new information in to the /boot/ folder and then restart the system and it should load the new configuration.

Kema_Newton

Post by Kema_Newton » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:39 pm

I have an adapter. Now what is the route I should take and what about connecting to new networks feature?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 am

Get a cheap $5 bluetooth keyboard, pair it with the mintyPi now you can enter in anything without having the usb port exposed (some people don't like the port being exposed).
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kema_Newton

Post by Kema_Newton » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:04 am

Cool so what do I type in and what about connecting to new networks from now on? Ie the feature that is typically in retropie

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:07 am

You use the Keyboard to enter in the password to the wifi network. Be sure to turn wifi on in the MintyPi menu first and then go to the network option in the Retropie menu the same procedure as it's always been.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kema_Newton

Post by Kema_Newton » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:10 am

What if I’ve already deleted the WPA Supplicant file

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:32 pm

I believe you can also connect the wifi in a more GUI like way of the wifi part of the retropie menu. If not, you can create a new supplicant file and add it to the boot folder. There are instruction on how to do this in my signature.