ROM Transfer Problems

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
majora

ROM Transfer Problems

Post by majora » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:31 am

Using the Updated minty pi image and File Zila, i cant get my mintipi to connect to my computer. I have checked multiple times that they are on the same wifi network. and get the error message "ECONNREFUSED Connection refused by the server" I've looked this error up online and it mean the server has a fire wall of some software in the way of them connnecting....Thoughts?

LilTrublMakr

Re: ROM Transfer Problems

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:28 pm

You need to use port 21 for FTP and not 22 for SFTP.

Also make sure that you turned FTP on in the retropie menu.

This link explains everything: https://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php/ ... rring_ROMs

majora

Post by majora » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Ive done both of those things the only difference i see between the wiki post and my situation is the message after the FTP is enabled, it has an error of not being to do something, but it does enable the FTP

bmendoza2

Post by bmendoza2 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am

hello. I am having trouble with transferring games to my minty pi. I can do with the usb method i have and it works fine but it would be easier to just use winscp or filezilla so i may transfer splash and screen savers and erase games and add games with getting the cords i use to do the usb method. but i keep ruing into the same problem on both the host name. I cant find it i have flashed the minty ios three times and even after a fresh flash 2 min in the minty pie i cant get the host name. I know it is on the same network since i can ping it with the ip address but other than that i am stumped i have no clue what is going on i have looked up and down searched everything that might be relevant and i am stumped. any help would be appreciated

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:10 am

Make sure you are on the same wifi and that you have Enabled FTP in the RetroPie menu. Once you do those 2 steps press the Mode button the one that has the onscreen mintyPi menu and be sure Wifi is enabled. Next go to the Retropie Menu and choose "Show IP". be sure you use that IP address there for filezilla or whatever.

This is how it looks like when setup properly (obviously the IP will be different), notice the circled areas.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

majora

Post by majora » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:56 pm

I. Have. Done. Those. Things. Like i said the only differnce between the post on the wiki and my situation is that when i enable FTP in the retropi menu, it shows an error message as well as enableing the FTP

bmendoza2

Post by bmendoza2 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Thanks but even with that my connection fails they are both on the same network.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:07 pm

If there is an error message then something is wrong, maybe a new SD card with the mintyPi image will solve it. Maybe a firewall is blocking you bmendoza2 this works for just about everyone and if it doesn't for you you need to check your settings match mine or your home PC might be blocking connections.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

bmendoza2

Post by bmendoza2 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:50 pm

Thanks the re flash wroked thank you.

majora

Post by majora » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Slightly different problem, ive gotten the roms to transfer using FileZilla, Yay! But the roms aren't not showing when i turn on the mintipi, i know there there but i don't know how to get the system to agnknolage that. Ive restarted it six ways from sunday, emulation and system.