button board and pi not powering

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
ryan600

button board and pi not powering

Post by ryan600 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:03 pm

I have one MintyPi working. i've used this to narrow down issue an issue on the 2nd one to the boards not powering. battery works, power board works, sd card boots up. just cant get the booting up lights to come on raspberypie. We have soldered to boards together. the contacts tested positive for connection. What can I test to see if the Raspberry pie or the button board are damaged?

thoughts?

Thank you

Ryan
IMG_1494.jpg
IMG_1494.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1817 times
Last edited by ryan600 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dryja123

Re: button board and pi not powering

Post by dryja123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:47 pm

When you did your continuity check did you also check for shorts? Check to see if you have continuity on multiple GPIO ports. Be mindful that you'll get continuity on all ground pins, which is OK.

You can test that the Pi is working as it should by connecting it to a TV with an HDMI cable.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: button board and pi not powering

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:03 pm

I have a thought how about some pictures of your soldering? As dryja123 has mentioned it is likely a short on the power rail or very very likely the GND GPIO is not a solid connection since it requires some extra heat. Did you test continuity properly to all GPIO with a multimeter?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.