Battery/power board issues

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
1Bobby23

Battery/power board issues

Post by 1Bobby23 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:05 pm

I’m having an issue getting it to power on when I’m on the battery for power. When running on the micro usb on the pi itself I don’t have any issues. I get the blue led on when I plug in the battery charger saying the battery is charging, I have cleaned the battery contacts on both the board and the battery. The only thing I can think of is maybe my cable connecting the charger board and button pcb is broken?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Battery/power board issues

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 pm

No and no. No power from Power PCB is always the same answers.

1. 5V is not soldered properly (check the wiki or some other threads here for an image with 5v test points)
2. you forcefully inserted the black cable upside down and bent pins in the connector on the pcb (not the cable itself)
3. battery is faulty and not charging (use a multimeter to measure voltage of the battery)

go through these 3 answers to see which is likely the problem for you and report back.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

1Bobby23

Post by 1Bobby23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 pm

So I checked all three. My battery was fine. I had to reflow my 5V because that wasn’t connected properly. I still had issues, so I checked my connectors and I’m guessing I had put the connector in the board crooked one time because one of the pins is bent. I’m trying to bend it back into place, but it isn’t very easy. Also a separate issue, when attaching my speaker I accidentally lifted the pads from the board when trying a different length wire (the stuff I’m working with isn’t very flexible) so I was wondering if you have any advice to either reattach that or if there’s a different point I could run it to? Thank you!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 am

1Bobby23 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 pm
So I checked all three. My battery was fine. I had to reflow my 5V because that wasn’t connected properly. I still had issues, so I checked my connectors and I’m guessing I had put the connector in the board crooked one time because one of the pins is bent. I’m trying to bend it back into place, but it isn’t very easy. Also a separate issue, when attaching my speaker I accidentally lifted the pads from the board when trying a different length wire (the stuff I’m working with isn’t very flexible) so I was wondering if you have any advice to either reattach that or if there’s a different point I could run it to? Thank you!
How are you guys ripping these pads off all the time? Get some flexible silicone wire or magnet wire. Use this link to some alternate points. DO NOT REMOVE THE HEADPHONE SOCKET! in the link is a picture that has no socket and I did that intentionally to show which pads you solder to even if the socket is present.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8016&p=74495&hilit ... ate#p74495

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

1Bobby23

Post by 1Bobby23 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:30 pm

So I got it to power on from the battery, but I’m having other issues. When trying to start the ftp, I get an error saying it couldn’t be started, but the last line says starting ftp. When I try connecting to it either from FileZilla as was recommended it says could not connect, and when looking with the windows local network explorer it says nothing with that ip matches my search.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 am

Well that isn't a power and battery issue now is it? try a fresh install of the Image on the SD card also be sure you are connected to your wifi by going to the Show IP option in the retropie menu.

1Bobby23

Post by 1Bobby23 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:56 am

Will do, thanks!