Modified mintypi battery warning Help

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
manabana9

Modified mintypi battery warning Help

Post by manabana9 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:25 pm

I decided to make a modified mintypi without the custom pcb using a adafruit joybonnet with wires for a 2.2 ILI9341 screen directly soldered to the joybonnet. At first, I wrapped the whole thing around a portable charger, but after a brief amount of time, a "battery level low" warning popped up swiftly followed by a 60 second countdown and then a shutdown. At first I thought the issue was with the battery, because when I turned the raspberry pi back on, everything was normal until 5~ minutes later the same warning followed by a timer appeared. In order to solve the problem, i tried soldered on a microlipo and a https://www.adafruit.com/product/2011 battery to the microlipo. Again, the same warning popped up. So I did some research and I assume the warning is because I used a 2000 mah battery. how could I change/delete the battery warning?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Modified mintypi battery warning Help

Post by Helder » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:04 am

It's the battery monitoring script that you're using is kicking in the safe shutdown. What are you using to monitor the battery voltage?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

manabana9

Post by manabana9 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Helder wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:04 am
It's the battery monitoring script that you're using is kicking in the safe shutdown. What are you using to monitor the battery voltage?
To be quite honest, I don't know what you mean by this. What should monitoring the battery right now is the built in script by hoolyhoo, but I do not have the hardware for the battery monitor that is built into the custom pcb for mintypi2.0. Is that necessary, or can I bypass the Battery monitor/disable it

manabana9

Post by manabana9 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 pm

could I just delete the MintyBatteryMonitor.py file as a temporary fix?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:15 pm

You can and it will likely give some error message but you can ignore it. I think that file is called in the rc.local file which you can edit using the SSH terminal, I have a feeling you don't know about SSH either so go have a read in your favorite search engine or the Retropie Wiki and once you get it going come back and I can explain how to disable it properly.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.