GBA games not working

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Twoheadedgiant

GBA games not working

Post by Twoheadedgiant » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:59 pm

okay, so a week ago I decided to put some gba games on my mintypi, i put them on and rebooted it then tried to play pokemon emerald.
For some reason it went to the starting pokemon emerald screen, then went back to the gba games screen after a minute. So i tried the other three games i downloaded, none of them worked, they all did the same thing. So i did some research and found out that apparently because of the emulator gba games use i had to get a BIOS to run them, so yesterday, i found the bios and decided to put it on my mintypi.
But when i booted up to connect to it through ssh the screen stayed white and did not load, I had never had this problem before so i started using the command promp to talk to it i found out that the pi was still running so the pi was not crashed. I assumed the pi was just taking extra long to load today, so i put the bios in and typed sudo reboot. The pi did not reboot and the screen remained white, so i held the power button until it turned off then turned it back on. The screen still remained white and it has been like this for a half hour, I did sudo ps -all
which revealed that two of the bash files and two of the emulation station files are waiting for some reason.
I am confused and advice would be much appreciated.
thanks
-twoheadedgiant
OnPaste.20191117-165706.png
picture of MobaXterm
OnPaste.20191117-165706.png (296.92 KiB) Viewed 1548 times

LilTrublMakr

Re: GBA games not working

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Did you happen to put the BIOS file in the correct folder? IIRC, it goes in the "/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS" folder. You will need to restart the system after uploading it. It also needs to be named exactly "gba_bios.bin"