Charging and Audio Issue

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
tommyalkhoury

Re: Charging and Audio Issue

Post by tommyalkhoury » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:37 pm

I am powering using the provided battery, not the Pi's USB power. I've also noticed a few more things; my audio jack is making contact with the altoids case, and it is slightly blocked from going all the way in from the holes (audio jack and drilled hole) being slightly misaligned. However the sounds being produced, even at minimum volume, is much louder than the sounds you can hear when inserting a headphone while wearing it (the static sounds when you insert it into an audio jack).

tommyalkhoury

Post by tommyalkhoury » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:38 pm

Update: filed out until audio jack does not touch metal; same results for the sound quality.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:18 am

Might be a bad amp chip, send me the controller pcb with soldered on Pi and SD card and I'll have a look and replace the chip if it's faulty. Send me a PM if you need my shipping info.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

tommyalkhoury

Post by tommyalkhoury » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi Helder, ok, but before I send it would there be anything else besides the faulty amp chip that could be causing such loud electrical sound, I don't want to send it to you and then realize later that it was something else. Also, is it a reasonably common occurrence that the amp chip is faulty? I also want to let you know that one of the copper traces leading to the speaker has been slightly detached (has come out), however it was covered with Kapton tape (this is the reason why I am not using a speaker). Thanks.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:43 pm

I have had maybe 3 or 4 amps be bad out of hundred of boards so it's not common but has happened. If the trace is kind of floating just snip it off and also redo the 3 audio points just to rule out soldering issues then let me know.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

tommyalkhoury

Post by tommyalkhoury » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi Helder, I'll take a look, and I'll get back to you

tommyalkhoury

Post by tommyalkhoury » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:17 pm

Hi Helder, quick question; if I send it to you with the speaker is there a way you can get it to work, along with the audio jack? Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 pm

I should but it will have a thin wire for audio and could pickup a little interference which I can't do anything about since the wire will be necessary.

tommyalkhoury

Post by tommyalkhoury » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Ok, so after I'm done checking a few things and I decide to send it to you, how much would I owe you?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:41 am

tommyalkhoury wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:21 pm
Ok, so after I'm done checking a few things and I decide to send it to you, how much would I owe you?
If it's a faulty chip I'll replace it for free since it is not your fault but if it's a soldering issue (I don't think it is) I will discuss it with you over email or PM.