Need Help! :(

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
sethrg

Need Help! :(

Post by sethrg » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi - My 13 year old son and I recently purchased a MintyPi kit and tried assembling. We thought this would be a nice holiday project for the two of us. Unfortunately, I think we are out of our league in terms of the soldering. We soldered and the leads all appeared to be correctly testing, however, two parallel pins were also connected. When we tried to boot up, most of the time we only got a white screen. Occasionally we get the MintyPi screens to load though the system soon crashed. I'm afraid we need to un-solder the board and start over, however, I tried following the video and this is out of my league.

Is anyone able and interested in helping to fix our soldering mess and test out the system?
Thanks in advance!
Seth

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Need Help! :(

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 pm

I offered you help but you did not mention the bridged pins and of course there is a price for the desoldering and resoldering which anyone who is willing to help will also charge you. You can go with my offer or you can try someone else like LilTrblMakr who also provides such work.

Link to his info:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9584
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.