Helders board

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Alexb

Helders board

Post by Alexb » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 pm

I purchased Helder's kit for the mintyPi. I soldered the Raspberry Pi onto the board but had to take it off because multiple pins were connected to each other. When I removed the boards from each other, I tested for continuity between the pins just on Helder's main board, and they were connected. There is no solder between each pin but they are still connected.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Helders board

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:07 pm

I already explained this on Discord, there are multiple GND pins that are linked and have continuity which is be design. I know you're looking for something to blame the likely bad solder joints or bridging you had so it's not your fault but all of these boards have 0 bridged joints unless they are intentional.

As I also have said in your case you are most likely using some kind of Flux and it is the kind that leaves residue everywhere and this kind of flux needs to be cleaned with alcohol or it can cause mini shorts triggering buttons and what not.

Since you never posted pictures of these points or commented anything else other than trying to make it look like my board is faulty and not what you have done to be the cause of your issue I will post a picture of these intended points and let's see if these were your points that had connectivity.

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Dstar

Post by Dstar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Hey Helder, I was searching for answers that led me to this post. I do have a connection to ground for the right button. I desoldered the boards and cleaned up the pcb but the pins are still connected. Can you give me any tips on fixing this?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:22 am

Did you check the right pad to GND before resoldering the pi? If there is continuity you likely did what the original poster did and put too much force into the GPIO with a sharp tip iron and it went through the pad and into the GND plane on the other side of the board since these boards are super thin.

If you have continuity on the pad let know and I'll have a solution for you.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Dstar

Post by Dstar » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:27 am

eh, maybe I did. both sides of the pad have continuity to the ground and right test pad. I hope I can save it. Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:24 pm

Ok is the pi still soldered onto the controller? if not take a good picture of the pad so I can have a look and then show you what to do. If you did solder it to the Pi let me know as well so I can see what we might be able to do.

Dstar

Post by Dstar » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:14 pm

20200122_222029.jpg
20200122_222029.jpg (3.53 MiB) Viewed 4163 times

Dstar

Post by Dstar » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:02 pm

The connection is between the right direction pad and the ground pad underneath. The fifth pads from the right.
20200127_145740.jpg
20200127_145740.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 4138 times
20200127_145735.jpg
20200127_145735.jpg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 4138 times