System won't shut down. Solution here

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Steve1521

System won't shut down. Solution here

Post by Steve1521 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:09 pm

Finished my V3 build today and they system won't shut down either through the magnet sensor or the system shutdown, the system goes through the shut down process and then reboots. I have tried re-flashing the SD card to no avail. I have read here that some have had bad power boards, is there some way to test for this? Is there anything else I can do to fix my system?

LilTrublMakr

Re: System won't shut down

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Are you plugged directly in to the Pi or powered through the power board? It needs to be powered through the power board for the power down to work correctly.

Steve1521

Post by Steve1521 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:39 pm

Yes I am powered through the power board, it does not power down when connected via USB-C and when running on battery. The only way to power it down is by using the power button.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Steve1521 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:39 pm
Yes I am powered through the power board, it does not power down when connected via USB-C and when running on battery. The only way to power it down is by using the power button.
This is an issue that some powrboards are causing. Seems a few bad dual-fet chips are the culprit. Send me an email and we can discuss a solution.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Fishfood

Post by Fishfood » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:39 pm

So this is now happening to me as well. Just today it was working perfectly but now for some reason it's rebooting instead of turning off. I just find it weird how it went from working to not working

Eekeemeekeewaka

Post by Eekeemeekeewaka » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Jumping in as I have the same issue. When i originally ordered the kit, it came with a second power board. I've swapped the board and still the HAL/soft shutdown procedure only restarts the unit. Continuity on test pads have been checked and re-checked. Battery has full charge, and correct voltage. I've re-flashed, swapped SD cards, and tried different computers. Yes, it's only powered on battery.

Seems unlikely I'd have two dud power boards. Anybody have another diagnostic trick I missed in the forums? I just wrapped up a second build and it's working flawlessly so I'm a bit stumped.

linuxgb

Post by linuxgb » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:29 am

the issue on the power board,not test then shipping.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:36 pm

Some bad chips have been mixed in this batch but the good powerboard which was labeled extra is almost a definite good to go. This is the last batch of these chips to be used in anything else I will make going forward since they are not being made anymore.

Send me an email and I can send you a new chip and I made a video showing how it's easy to swap and it will fix your issue.

linuxgb wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:29 am
the issue on the power board,not test then shipping.
Your constant posts to bash me or the mintyPi or other criticism is getting real annoying if you have nothing important to add then don't post as you are not helping anyone solve their issue.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Chillyjam

Re: System won't shut down. Solution here

Post by Chillyjam » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:24 pm

why not just flip the switch before it gets the chance to reboot? Also, I would try running the battery completely dry, then letting it charge for a few hours, then try again. It may not help, but that first one is a solid go-to

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: System won't shut down. Solution here

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:18 pm

This is for the V3 where it's a Push button power switch not the Lite slide switch, totally different hardware.