"A" Button Problem

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
AceDJ24

"A" Button Problem

Post by AceDJ24 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:46 pm

So I had a problem with the software where the pi would boot up and freeze, then I couldn't turn it off. I re downloaded the software, and it fixed it, but now the A and X buttons don't work. I checked continuity on the test pads with the pi, and even the pi and front PCB pads, and they are fine. Any ideas on whats wrong?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: "A" Button Problem

Post by Helder » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Check them to GND, here is a question for you and I think the answer is yes but did you use Flux to assemble the Pi and controller PCB?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

AceDJ24

Post by AceDJ24 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Yes I used flux

AceDJ24

Post by AceDJ24 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:53 pm

What do you mean check it to the Ground

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:57 am

The crappy flux you use and seems everyone who has the same issue uses is a type that needs cleaning afterwards. If you see that oily or wet looking residue that is a big giveaway you have flux that is in between the boards and likely shorting the buttons. You need to clean the hell out of that stuff with Isopropyl Alcohol aka IPA then let it try and see if that solved your issue.

What I meant check to GND is use your multimeter to see if the A button GPIO has continuity to any GND GPIO or pad, if it does you could have a short and there is a GND near the A GPIO. Your flux could also be causing a short between those 2 points which is why it's very important to clean it off and not even use it in the future.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.