New mintypie no subfolders in roms directory

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Fender2366

New mintypie no subfolders in roms directory

Post by Fender2366 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:50 am

Hi I'm new to the mintypie I actually didn't build it myself but I bought one off ebay.
My question is when I try to transfer roms to retropie/roms there are no sub folders for emulators (nes, snes gba) I only see a ports folder.
Does this mean I have no emulators installed maybe I have to reinstall retropie please help

LilTrublMakr

Re: New mintypie no subfolders in roms directory

Post by LilTrublMakr » Tue May 12, 2020 6:52 am

Before we provide any help, we need to see a picture of your mintyPi from eBay. There is a Chinese cloner that sells a clone of the mintyPi that we do not provide support for.

Fender2366

Post by Fender2366 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Fender2366

Post by Fender2366 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Fender2366

Post by Fender2366 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:36 pm

The seller was from Indiana not China, the more I'm looking at it though I'm thinking I have to reflash the mintypi image. Because when I boot it up isnt it supposed to have a mintypi flash screen? Mine just has retropi them emulationstation then the red retropie screen in the picture.
If I have to reflash can anyone give me some tips on taking it apart to reach the SD card

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Wed May 13, 2020 6:06 am

Fender2366 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:36 pm
The seller was from Indiana not China, the more I'm looking at it though I'm thinking I have to reflash the mintypi image. Because when I boot it up isnt it supposed to have a mintypi flash screen? Mine just has retropi them emulationstation then the red retropie screen in the picture.
If I have to reflash can anyone give me some tips on taking it apart to reach the SD card
that's what i'd recommend (re-flashing). you can just create your own subfolders in the roms dir too, but the easier option is to just start fresh i think.

it's not too hard getting to the card. remove the four screws holding the bottom plate down, then just (carefully) angle it our of the tin. you don't have to disconnect the other plugs, but it might help getting it out of the tin, as you need to turn it just so, in order to fit through there. the pi is mounted underneath that, and the card should be easy to spot.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Also I can offer you a replacement powerboard but it requires soldering, if interested send me a PM.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Fender2366

Post by Fender2366 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Thanks for the support, like you said it was easy to get to the SD card and I'll be reflashing it soon ill give an update when I'm finished.
Also my right trigger silicone button fell out somewhere can I fix this by just sticking a new replacement in its place?

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Wed May 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Fender2366 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:36 pm
Thanks for the support, like you said it was easy to get to the SD card and I'll be reflashing it soon ill give an update when I'm finished.
Also my right trigger silicone button fell out somewhere can I fix this by just sticking a new replacement in its place?
yep. the hard part will be finding something that size, but it's just button with some conductive stuff on one side.