[STOCK CLEARANCE] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Madblaster6

Re: [STOCK CLEARANCE] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - OPEN

Post by Madblaster6 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 pm

iTJ84 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:45 pm
Madblaster6 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:35 am
Thank you so much for the release. I bought everything but the shell. I wanted to do a boxy Pixel version but after reaching out to Boxy he replied with this:

"It's an extremely slow selling product. I even lowered the price to near the cost to manufacture, so it's unlikely I'll make it unfortunately."

After a bit of conversation, he sent the following response:

"Update: I had not planned on making more as they were a slow moving, expensive product. The last price I listed was actually below the cost to make the parts. Since I've had several people email, what I will do is see if anyone wants to do a group by. I need to make an order of at least 50, but if someone can get 40 people together - I will make an order for the housings. Note, I also updated the price to the original price.
-Nick'

I am currently a mod on both MachoNacho's Discord and The Metal Game Boy FB group and am working on coordinating on how we can get a group buy going:

If anyone wants to help get this moving, can you please reach out the Boxy Pixel on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/boxypixel

Additionally, if this doesn't pan out, anyone know where I may buy a shell that can fit the components including the 4 button back plate?
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that missed out on those shells. I reached out to him before and got the same response, but didn’t mention anything like a group buy. I don’t do FB anymore, but I’m down to get a shell if you’re able to get enough people 😁
I got a new message from Nick. He said as long as a good amount of people email him he’ll make a pre order. If you don’t have FB you can use this: nick@boxypixel.com

iTJ84

Re: [STOCK CLEARANCE] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - OPEN

Post by iTJ84 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:36 pm

Madblaster6 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 pm
iTJ84 wrote:
Madblaster6 wrote:
Thank you so much for the release. I bought everything but the shell. I wanted to do a boxy Pixel version but after reaching out to Boxy he replied with this:

"It's an extremely slow selling product. I even lowered the price to near the cost to manufacture, so it's unlikely I'll make it unfortunately."

"Update: I had not planned on making more as they were a slow moving, expensive product. The last price I listed was actually below the cost to make the parts. Since I've had several people email, what I will do is see if anyone wants to do a group by. I need to make an order of at least 50, but if someone can get 40 people together - I will make an order for the housings. Note, I also updated the price to the original price.
-Nick'

I am currently a mod on both MachoNacho's Discord and The Metal Game Boy FB group and am working on coordinating on how we can get a group buy going:

If anyone wants to help get this moving, can you please reach out the Boxy Pixel on FB:

Additionally, if this doesn't pan out, anyone know where I may buy a shell that can fit the components including the 4 button back plate?
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that missed out on those shells. I reached out to him before and got the same response, but didn’t mention anything like a group buy. I don’t do FB anymore, but I’m down to get a shell if you’re able to get enough people 😁
I got a new message from Nick. He said as long as a good amount of people email him he’ll make a pre order. If you don’t have FB you can use this: nick@boxypixel.com
Sent him an email, so here’s hoping there’s enough interest 🤞🏻

Vernpi

Post by Vernpi » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:33 pm

kite wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:28 am
Vernpi wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:20 pm
Missed out on the gems but got the hd screen to finish my boxy build. Hey kite here's a weird one for ya. The brown clip that holds the lcd ribbon in the socket, do you sell those? Is there any way i could find/buy one? I just made an order with you so if there's anyway we can include it that would be incredible. If not perhaps some guidance on how I can find another one? Thanks bro.
Hi, this is more of a support email thing but you can try - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32862842753.html (FFC/FPC Flat Cable Receptacle Connector 0.5MM 54P Drawer Top)

With pliers/snips if you gently break the white plastic so that you can free the black bar from it, you can then use that to replace a missing/broken one on the Circuit Sword
Perfect I ordered like 10 for 8 bucks on ebay after everything. Thanks again love your products hopefully we can see a new gen some day.

iTJ84

Post by iTJ84 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:49 am

Madblaster6 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 pm
iTJ84 wrote:
Madblaster6 wrote:

-Nick'

Received an email from Boxy Pixel. If anyone is interested in a DMG CM3 (Gameboy Zero Circuit Sword) aluminum shell go to following link of a Google doc and fill out the form with name and email. They’re looking to get 40+ people interested before they decide if they’ll proceed or not.

https://forms.gle/aHyarGQqETeXDX6t8

Madblaster6

Post by Madblaster6 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:48 pm

iTJ84 wrote:

Received an email from Boxy Pixel. If anyone is interested in a DMG CM3 (Gameboy Zero Circuit Sword) aluminum shell go to following link of a Google doc and fill out the form with name and email. They’re looking to get 40+ people interested before they decide if they’ll proceed or not.

https://forms.gle/aHyarGQqETeXDX6t8
Beat me to it, lol! Thank you!

StonedEdge

Post by StonedEdge » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:28 pm

Great work! Just joined the order list, thanks for taking the initiative on this.