[STOCK CLEARANCE] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
bemuessig

Re: [STOCK CLEARANCE] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - OPEN

Post by bemuessig » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:22 pm

I've just sent you an email Kite, because I'd like the extended button version.

BR,
Benedikt
Last edited by bemuessig on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wikusr6

Re: [STOCK CLEARANCE] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - OPEN

Post by wikusr6 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:45 pm

Ordered circuit sword, HD screen and fan. Thanks again Kite!

jcarpfishman

Post by jcarpfishman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:11 pm

Missed my alarm earlier somehow... got my order in though, whew! Thanks Kite!

Vernpi

Post by Vernpi » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Missed out on the gems but got the hd screen to finish my boxy build. Hey kite here's a weird one for ya. The brown clip that holds the lcd ribbon in the socket, do you sell those? Is there any way i could find/buy one? I just made an order with you so if there's anyway we can include it that would be incredible. If not perhaps some guidance on how I can find another one? Thanks bro.

kite

Post by kite » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:28 am

Vernpi wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:20 pm
Missed out on the gems but got the hd screen to finish my boxy build. Hey kite here's a weird one for ya. The brown clip that holds the lcd ribbon in the socket, do you sell those? Is there any way i could find/buy one? I just made an order with you so if there's anyway we can include it that would be incredible. If not perhaps some guidance on how I can find another one? Thanks bro.
Hi, this is more of a support email thing but you can try - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32862842753.html (FFC/FPC Flat Cable Receptacle Connector 0.5MM 54P Drawer Top)

With pliers/snips if you gently break the white plastic so that you can free the black bar from it, you can then use that to replace a missing/broken one on the Circuit Sword
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

hicm3

Post by hicm3 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:22 am

hi kite
i want to buy one circuit gem kit
do you have one left?
thx

matthew.ahern2

Post by matthew.ahern2 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:35 am

Hi, I might be asking this in the wrong place, but didn't see a support page related to it. Has anyone tried making a Circuit Gem with a Pi Zero 2 W? I'm curious about the power consumption/ battery life, and if it's worth it for emulation considering it doesn't have any more ram than a standard Zero/ Zero W.

relativistic

Post by relativistic » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:13 am

Nice! Ordered the Circuit Sword Lite.

Any word on whether we can somehow make it work with the Zero2? :D

Madblaster6

Post by Madblaster6 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:35 am

Thank you so much for the release. I bought everything but the shell. I wanted to do a boxy Pixel version but after reaching out to Boxy he replied with this:

"It's an extremely slow selling product. I even lowered the price to near the cost to manufacture, so it's unlikely I'll make it unfortunately."

After a bit of conversation, he sent the following response:

"Update: I had not planned on making more as they were a slow moving, expensive product. The last price I listed was actually below the cost to make the parts. Since I've had several people email, what I will do is see if anyone wants to do a group by. I need to make an order of at least 50, but if someone can get 40 people together - I will make an order for the housings. Note, I also updated the price to the original price.
-Nick'

I am currently a mod on both MachoNacho's Discord and The Metal Game Boy FB group and am working on coordinating on how we can get a group buy going:

If anyone wants to help get this moving, can you please reach out the Boxy Pixel on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/boxypixel

Additionally, if this doesn't pan out, anyone know where I may buy a shell that can fit the components including the 4 button back plate?

iTJ84

Post by iTJ84 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Madblaster6 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:35 am
Thank you so much for the release. I bought everything but the shell. I wanted to do a boxy Pixel version but after reaching out to Boxy he replied with this:

"It's an extremely slow selling product. I even lowered the price to near the cost to manufacture, so it's unlikely I'll make it unfortunately."

After a bit of conversation, he sent the following response:

"Update: I had not planned on making more as they were a slow moving, expensive product. The last price I listed was actually below the cost to make the parts. Since I've had several people email, what I will do is see if anyone wants to do a group by. I need to make an order of at least 50, but if someone can get 40 people together - I will make an order for the housings. Note, I also updated the price to the original price.
-Nick'

I am currently a mod on both MachoNacho's Discord and The Metal Game Boy FB group and am working on coordinating on how we can get a group buy going:

If anyone wants to help get this moving, can you please reach out the Boxy Pixel on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/boxypixel

Additionally, if this doesn't pan out, anyone know where I may buy a shell that can fit the components including the 4 button back plate?
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that missed out on those shells. I reached out to him before and got the same response, but didn’t mention anything like a group buy. I don’t do FB anymore, but I’m down to get a shell if you’re able to get enough people 😁