[FOR SALE] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost)

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Post Reply
deeleyer
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:42 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by deeleyer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Received!
Thank you!

nickzick
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 6 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by nickzick » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:39 am

Also received, great stuff!

But I got a question after installing and having some problems. I installed the monitor script as explained on the website https://github.com/Camble/GBZ-Power-Monitor_PB

After removing the switch an shutting down retropie manually my gbz always gets a kernel panic. How do I remove all the installed things so that the kernel panic doesn't come again?
(Sorry for my bad english, hopefully someone understands my problems).

Thanks very much!

User avatar
derebbe
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:30 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by derebbe » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:05 am

nickzick wrote:After removing the switch an shutting down retropie manually my gbz always gets a kernel panic. How do I remove all the installed things so that the kernel panic doesn't come again?
(Sorry for my bad english, hopefully someone understands my problems).

Thanks very much!
you need to undo your changes in "/boot/config.txt"...

User avatar
Mischief
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 7:50 am
Location: Wolverhampton, UK
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by Mischief » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Just wanted to say after using it for a while I have found no issues at all :D shuts down properly every time no matter what game I am playing and even when it's plugged into the charger.

Massive thanks to @Camble again for creating a great addition to the community ;)

panais
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:33 am

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by panais » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:44 pm

There will be another release of this?

User avatar
Camble
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by Camble » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:25 pm

panais wrote:There will be another release of this?
Yes, probably in next month or so

User avatar
Moshiriously
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by Moshiriously » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm also having the kernel panic issue. I removed the text in the config.txt but it's still doing it. Suggestions? It says something about trying to reboot as well, I may have accidentally added a reboot command into the script because after I installed everything I tried to do a reboot in the command prompt. Is there a way to uninstall the script and restart from scratch?

User avatar
Camble
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by Camble » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:50 am

Moshiriously wrote:I'm also having the kernel panic issue. I removed the text in the config.txt but it's still doing it. Suggestions? It says something about trying to reboot as well, I may have accidentally added a reboot command into the script because after I installed everything I tried to do a reboot in the command prompt. Is there a way to uninstall the script and restart from scratch?
From the script directory, type:

Code: Select all

git pull origin master

Treguard
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:29 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by Treguard » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 pm

"Octagonal GND connects to the GND pin of the PowerBoost."

Does it need to go to that pin on the powerboost? I only ask as on Helder's AIO diagram, it has the powerstrip on the AIO going from GND on the powerboost to GND IN on the powerstrip.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Wiring.png

I didn't think the GND on the powerboost was meant for the powerboost to be grounding to the powerstrip though. Would've thought it should be GND OUT on the AIO board to GND on the powerboost

Thanks in advance :)

User avatar
Camble
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost) SOLD OUT

Post by Camble » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:31 am

Treguard wrote:"Octagonal GND connects to the GND pin of the PowerBoost."

Does it need to go to that pin on the powerboost? I only ask as on Helder's AIO diagram, it has the powerstrip on the AIO going from GND on the powerboost to GND IN on the powerstrip.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Wiring.png

I didn't think the GND on the powerboost was meant for the powerboost to be grounding to the powerstrip though. Would've thought it should be GND OUT on the AIO board to GND on the powerboost

Thanks in advance :)
I have replied to your PM.

All share a common ground.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mivlives and 1 guest