[NEW STOCK IN] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
User avatar
144TECH
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:30 am
Location: Amsterdam
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by 144TECH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:45 pm

valinhorn wrote:
144TECH wrote:Yeah i realize that, but 8 weeks is ridiculous dude, anyway i have respect for that and this is not offensive or anything.
But ordering these cells and a heatshrink and diy it the same 1,5 week done..


Thanks
If it is so easy and quick to do, then maybe do that instead of whining about someone that has gone out of their way to offer this service to the community?
Guess you can't read or what ? go somewhere else trouble maker. i said my post is in no way offensive or anything, i just asked the t.s if he could deliver it faster, and someone else already replied.

Have a nice day.
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

User avatar
Boogz
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:01 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by Boogz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 pm

144TECH wrote:
valinhorn wrote:
144TECH wrote:Yeah i realize that, but 8 weeks is ridiculous dude, anyway i have respect for that and this is not offensive or anything.
But ordering these cells and a heatshrink and diy it the same 1,5 week done..


Thanks
If it is so easy and quick to do, then maybe do that instead of whining about someone that has gone out of their way to offer this service to the community?
Guess you can't read or what ? go somewhere else trouble maker. i said my post is in no way offensive or anything, i just asked the t.s if he could deliver it faster, and someone else already replied.

Have a nice day.
I feel like he set the pre-order date so far because of people who consistently pester sellers to do another pre-order because they missed out.

I can almost guarantee that after the pre-order ends, there will be people who are going to pester him to do another pre-order even though they've had ample time to order it. If not I'll swallow my words.

Also loads of people are waiting for kites board which is going to arrive soon. Usually the battery is one of the last components to be slapped into a build (at least it was for me). I personally don't mind waiting since batteries are a dime a dozen and you can pick one up at almost any electronics hobby store (microcenter carries the adafriut 2500 and 2000)

User avatar
144TECH
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:30 am
Location: Amsterdam
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by 144TECH » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:23 am

Well i ordered 2 for someone else so, we will see. but i think others reading didn't understand what i meant, if i where to make these things i could do it in a short time, but maybe that's me ..lol i use a battery from acer liquid zest plus. will try this one i have some gbz's laying around with a shitty battery so im stoked to test it. Sorry for any trouble that was not meant to be.

Greetz
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

User avatar
Dextech
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:43 am
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 438 times

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by Dextech » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:38 am

144TECH wrote:If you can deliver them in 2 weeks i'll buy one, but 8 weeks is insane, can you please deliver this stuff faster ?
There is explanation for lenght of delivery in first post:
Once preorder closes I will crunch the numbers and make orders for batteries and powerbank cases. Cases should take 2 weeks to get sent and batteris up to 5 weeks :cry: Add to that 1 week for delivery and couple of days for me to pack and send everything and let's say another week or two for delivery and you should be expecting your preorder in 8 weeks :o
I know it seems a lot but I guess this is worst case scenario.
There is not much I can do with up to 5 weeks manufacturer said it will take for batteries. They did promise me to prepare in advance as much as possible so as soon as they receive payment production can begin.
So no, I can't deliver them in two weeks.

But I will probably order few more and if you decide to order one of those it will be possible to receive it in two weeks. But not for 16€, of course. This price is for supporters of preorder who are willing to wait 8 weeks. Orders of in stock battery will cost more.

Thank you for understanding.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

User avatar
144TECH
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:30 am
Location: Amsterdam
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by 144TECH » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:48 am

Gutfacekilla wrote:I' d be in for (2) I love the fact that you don't have to hack up the case so much keep it looking more like the original :)

I hope it fits because of the pi zero, maybe we''ll end up chopping out that corner on the right top (seen from the rear) i hope it fits... but it's like 1 millimeter in height we''ll see soon i think it can be done
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

Lintu
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:47 am

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by Lintu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Ordered one, This is going to fit nicely in my Kite build. :)

dcex1
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 pm
Location: UK
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by dcex1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:35 am

Hi all, have a quick question regarding this battery! Seems like a great idea and an excellent deal. I have been looking for the 2500mah adafruit battery wermy uses, but can't seem to find it in the UK online any where! So was very close to settling for a 2000mah battery. However literally just came across this and have some questions about it - hopefully someone might be able to help me out asap (as I know the closing pre-order date is tomorrow).

1. Is this all safe? Just been reading into the forum about being careful with these batteries and what have you - saw something about a switch to use when its not in use...? Just want to know if this is as safe as the adafruit stuff (sorry I'm a noob!)

2. Whats the expected battery life ( both when using day to day, and also when it may start to die and not be able to keep charge as well)?

3. How will getting this larger battery impact the internal stuff - as I will be following wermy's custom tut, will it still be possible to fit this bad boy in it with not having to sacrifice anything?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY RESPONSES :D

User avatar
correia5022
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 am
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by correia5022 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 am

dcex1 wrote:Hi all, have a quick question regarding this battery! Seems like a great idea and an excellent deal. I have been looking for the 2500mah adafruit battery wermy uses, but can't seem to find it in the UK online any where! So was very close to settling for a 2000mah battery. However literally just came across this and have some questions about it - hopefully someone might be able to help me out asap (as I know the closing pre-order date is tomorrow).

1. Is this all safe? Just been reading into the forum about being careful with these batteries and what have you - saw something about a switch to use when its not in use...? Just want to know if this is as safe as the adafruit stuff (sorry I'm a noob!)

2. Whats the expected battery life ( both when using day to day, and also when it may start to die and not be able to keep charge as well)?

3. How will getting this larger battery impact the internal stuff - as I will be following wermy's custom tut, will it still be possible to fit this bad boy in it with not having to sacrifice anything?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY RESPONSES :D
Hi friend.

1- Yes, it's "safe". It's like a smartphone battery, just dont puncture it :)
2- Well, i guess 5 to 6h, since this build will consume a max of 1amp/h.. but it depends. For sure, more than 3h full speed.
3- i think not, only cutting a bit of space for cable management
________________________________________
Starting on electronics :)
My first build, 2 years later
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=30
Check out my Boombox: https://nrcboombox.wixsite.com/website

User avatar
Dextech
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:43 am
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 438 times

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by Dextech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 am

dcex1 wrote: 1. Is this all safe? Just been reading into the forum about being careful with these batteries and what have you - saw something about a switch to use when its not in use...? Just want to know if this is as safe as the adafruit stuff (sorry I'm a noob!)

2. Whats the expected battery life ( both when using day to day, and also when it may start to die and not be able to keep charge as well)?

3. How will getting this larger battery impact the internal stuff - as I will be following wermy's custom tut, will it still be possible to fit this bad boy in it with not having to sacrifice anything?
1. It should be as safe as adafruit stuff, it has internal protection circuit so you shouldn't worry about it.
2. Manufacturer claimes is will hold more then 60% of initial capacity for at least 500 cycles at 1A charge/discharge rate. So for about 2 years you should have more then 3000mAh.
3. It is large capacity wise. Size wise it fits inside battery compartment, so there is no interfirence with internal boards and wires.

Hope this helps ;)
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

dcex1
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 pm
Location: UK
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by dcex1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:25 am

Dextech wrote:
dcex1 wrote: 1. Is this all safe? Just been reading into the forum about being careful with these batteries and what have you - saw something about a switch to use when its not in use...? Just want to know if this is as safe as the adafruit stuff (sorry I'm a noob!)

2. Whats the expected battery life ( both when using day to day, and also when it may start to die and not be able to keep charge as well)?

3. How will getting this larger battery impact the internal stuff - as I will be following wermy's custom tut, will it still be possible to fit this bad boy in it with not having to sacrifice anything?
1. It should be as safe as adafruit stuff, it has internal protection circuit so you shouldn't worry about it.
2. Manufacturer claimes is will hold more then 60% of initial capacity for at least 500 cycles at 1A charge/discharge rate. So for about 2 years you should have more then 3000mAh.
3. It is large capacity wise. Size wise it fits inside battery compartment, so there is no interfirence with internal boards and wires.

Hope this helps ;)
Excellent, thank you!!! Looks like I'll be going for this for sure then :) Look forward to it!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest