[OUT OF STOCK] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Samy

Re: Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by Samy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:12 am

One sure and perhaps two depending on price, please.

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:16 am

epicpwn wrote:Can we stuff 2 of these in if remove the battery tray?
I don't think you should remove battery tray since you have 2 screws there that hold case together, but even with it removed I don't see it doable, because you would either have 24mm thick battery or 110mm long battery. In both cases it seems to big.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

sotonguy

Post by sotonguy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:51 am

I'd be in for two, possibly three depending on price.

flashpc

Post by flashpc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:47 am

Hey Dex, put me down for 4, been following since you first posted these on Kite's thread, fingers crossed that the capacity is as indicated

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:01 am

Dextech wrote:Whopping (stated) 5700mAh in pack of 58x54.5x12mm (protection circuit board included) with standard JST PH 2.0 connector.
Given the size of other ~2500mAh batteries, it's not such a leap that the stated capacity wouldn't be near to actual... the problems come when they state 10000mAh on a battery no bigger than a 2700 that it's replacing ;)

I think having a custom fit battery is a tremendous idea. probably such a good idea that the entire gameboy community as a whole should get in on this as a lipo to charger and 5V mod would be minimal effort for most of the regular gameboy modders...

sjambon

Post by sjambon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 am

Would love to buy one or maybe 2!

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:56 am

Toxic_Zule wrote:I would like one please, when do you think these will be coming in if you were to put in an order? I understand it that it would probably be a rough estimate but thought I would ask. I only need a battery and the kite AIO board once I get it at the end of Feb hopefully.
With samples they had 8 day window for production and 8-10 days for delivery. If I add to that 2 weeks for preorders, few days for getting numbers together and aranging order and couple of days for packaging and shipping we get to 5-6 weeks (optimistically).
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:17 pm

abrugsch wrote:Given the size of other ~2500mAh batteries, it's not such a leap that the stated capacity wouldn't be near to actual... the problems come when they state 10000mAh on a battery no bigger than a 2700 that it's replacing ;)
I am familiar with chinese "capacity marking optimism" and that is why I want to do my tests to see how realistic they are.
abrugsch wrote:I think having a custom fit battery is a tremendous idea. probably such a good idea that the entire gameboy community as a whole should get in on this as a lipo to charger and 5V mod would be minimal effort for most of the regular gameboy modders...
I'we been thinking this way also...to have a bit smaller battery with integrated micro usb charger and dc-dc switcher to output 5V or 6V that would fit into standard battery compartment (minus metal spring contacts) is a holy grail I think :o It is just a matter of finding this circuit small enough or designing my own. Just imagine: no mod lipo conversion :D
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Boubobo

Post by Boubobo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 pm

If the price is bellow 20$ by unit, I'm in for two. The only thing against your prototype that I can say is that the lead are a bit thin for that amperage (even if we're only using 1A). A real capacity measure would be nice.

For reference, the best I got so far is a so-called 4000mAh slightly too long battery (including protection circuit) for 15$ including shipping :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172444469963

and within a DMG-01 case :