[Sold Out] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Camble

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Post by Camble » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 am

YaYa wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 pm
Hello Camble !
I’m working on another type of project and i was wondering if i can use your board without a powerboost or a bangoog stuff... basically, i’ll power my device directly from usb and i wamted to use your board between the power USB cord and the RPi. Will that work ?
Yes, this version will work with any 5v.

Codemaster123

Post by Codemaster123 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 am

Camble wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 am
i did ask before but no reply

will this only work with retropie or can i use this on a recalbox build to

thx u

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 am

Camble wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 am
YaYa wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 pm
Hello Camble !
I’m working on another type of project and i was wondering if i can use your board without a powerboost or a bangoog stuff... basically, i’ll power my device directly from usb and i wamted to use your board between the power USB cord and the RPi. Will that work ?
Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that i will use only UsB powering, and will not have any battery, will this be an issue ?
Follow me on instagram Image

Camble

Post by Camble » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 am

@Codemaster123 I seem to remember someone trying the script with recalbox without success, but I've never used it so I don't know.

@YaYa Having no battery shouldn't be an issue, you can disable the low battery monitoring in the script.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:48 am

Thank you Camble :D

Vamuss

Post by Vamuss » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 am

Hi, i got my Safe Shutdown Switch working this week.
If i move the switch to off the pi starts shutdown. But i got a problem if the battery is low, the whole system becomes laggy and nothing is running smooth. Even the shutdown takes minutes.
Has anyone ever had that before?

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:13 am

Severe low voltage will likely lead the system to downclock to save power. :roll:
Unless you told the system to ignore low voltage warnings :!:

Vamuss

Post by Vamuss » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:45 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I measured the voltages, the system voltage is 4.75v and the battery voltage 3.27v, i think the PI is unable to play the battery warning. I noticed if i then plug in a charger the system shuts down.

If I use another sd card with a system which is not running the safe-power-monitor then everything is fine and the pi runs smoothly.

I also checked the wiring, but that looks ok.

Edit: If i disable the GPIO Pin for low battery, everything is ok. But i think then i get no low battery warning, and the pi shuts down without warning, i'm rigth?

Vamuss

Post by Vamuss » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:15 am

I measured a little bit more.

The lagging starts when the battery is at the voltage 3.4v and the "low" pin of the safe Shutdown Switch is at 1.6v.

Does anybody have an idea?

moosethemucha

Post by moosethemucha » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:41 pm

I've got an issue with my safe shutdown device. This isn't a warranty request as I've probably damaged the board - I've lost a couple pads (which I've traced) and pretty sure I shorted something and broke it.

Now I've checked all the values of the resistors and tested the capacitors and diode. They all work. :)

What happens is it never turns off - no matter the setting I always get power. I've checked the wiring several times and It's definitely correct. I think the 'Q1' chip is dead - Is the LM393 used for the low battery - I have no idea?

What I was thinking was getting a replacement 'Q1' chip - a new board is 35 AUD and I can get the IC fairly cheap - with shipping 5-10 AUD, or I might just rebuild another. Is this the best guide for that - I understand its not maintained but is there a better mor up to date guide on building your own safe shutdown.

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1059

I just want the safe shut down functionality anyway and combine it with the board bellow allowing for a battery display icon being displayed on screen.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ADS1015 ... 0.0.rzwO1v

For the guide/forum post I've been following. I also do realise I'll need to create a new shutdown/battery symbol script.
VeteranGamer wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:32 am
moosethemucha wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:13 am
Great build and thank you for the inspiration with the ADS1115 + HoolyHoo battery monitor, I've just ordered one. Are you going to be adding the steps of this to this guide ?

i still haven't got around to this yet (so its still academic for me)

heres the wiring that i was going to do (may need to be confirmed by HoolyHoo) but i'm 99% its what it should be...

if you use the ADS1015 as the script is setup for, just following this diagram and installing the script should be enough....

https://github.com/HoolyHoo/Mintybatterymonitor

if you use a ADS1115 (which in theory should give you a slightly better indicator)
then you'll just need to edit the script to this (once you've installed it, following HoolyHoo installing instructions).....

https://github.com/HoolyHoo/Mintybatter ... Monitor.py

also even though the function button is BCM7, if you've wired/connected your GPIO in a way that it already uses this (BCM7) then you should also be able to edit the script so that the aren't any conflicts.....

with all this being said, i still haven't got around to test it out, and if your in any doubt double checking with HoolyHoo wouldnt be a bad idea....

https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4585