[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
exodus

Re: [For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by exodus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:14 pm

That being said, it should be easy enough to sand by hand or very carefully, lightly dremel those areas to get the fit in your case. The one area that you mentioned, the X and Y holes, you should not have issues with if you used the provided drill guides to make the holes as those should be made according to where the bracket rest. Do not use Kite's drill guide on his board as they may lead to out of alignment of the X and Y holes in relation to the bracket. There is enough tolerance on the contact pads to allow for this without issue.

Hopefully you should be able to get that to work without issue. :)
Okay if I understand you both correctly the SAIO two button bracket should be compatible with the Sword bracket if I slight modify the bumping on the top of the shell.

If not, that means I'll need a new shell since I already drilled the X and Y holes with the first bracket versus the guide from the Sword bracket.

Thanks

markolomew

Post by markolomew » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:33 pm

exodus wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm
If not, that means I'll need a new shell since I already drilled the X and Y holes with the first bracket versus the guide from the Sword bracket.
Not 100% following you, BUT I've used the same brackets now on about 6 different cases, and depending on the manufacturer of the case, the brackets may or may not fit perfectly out of the box. If it just doesn't lay down perfectly at first, get out an xacto knife and trim away. If you trim too much, use a little hot glue or epoxy to help keep everything down. It's not an exact science.

The only troubling thing I read is that you might have used the Kite drill guides instead of the drill guides from the HoolyHoo bracket. If so, that's something you can't come back from. Only use the drill template from HoolyHoo if you use the HoolyHoo bracket. And don't drill anything until you get the bracket laying down exactly as you'll want it to be final.

Absolute worst case, but a new case for $10 and make it even better.
Check out my builds: Click Here
Free .STL files for 3DS/PSP joystick cap mashup: Click Here
Check out my store, 8bitmark.com: Click Here

exodus

Post by exodus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:36 pm

markolomew wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:33 pm
The only troubling thing I read is that you might have used the Kite drill guides instead of the drill guides from the HoolyHoo bracket. If so, that's something you can't come back from. Only use the drill template from HoolyHoo if you use the HoolyHoo bracket. And don't drill anything until you get the bracket laying down exactly as you'll want it to be final.
Clarification, I've only been using HoolyHoo's brackets and drill guides :)

markolomew

Post by markolomew » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:39 pm

exodus wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:36 pm
Clarification, I've only been using HoolyHoo's brackets and drill guides :)
That's the best news then. You're good to go! Just continue making your cuts and (gently) force it to fit. Add a little bit of hot glue or epoxy to snug everything up, then you are golden.

Post some pictures of your build when you get done. It's going to look great!
Check out my builds: Click Here
Free .STL files for 3DS/PSP joystick cap mashup: Click Here
Check out my store, 8bitmark.com: Click Here

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:04 pm

exodus wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm
HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:14 pm

That being said, it should be easy enough to sand by hand or very carefully, lightly dremel those areas to get the fit in your case. The one area that you mentioned, the X and Y holes, you should not have issues with if you used the provided drill guides to make the holes as those should be made according to where the bracket rest. Do not use Kite's drill guide on his board as they may lead to out of alignment of the X and Y holes in relation to the bracket. There is enough tolerance on the contact pads to allow for this without issue.

Hopefully you should be able to get that to work without issue. :)
Okay if I understand you both correctly the SAIO two button bracket should be compatible with the Sword bracket if I slight modify the bumping on the top of the shell.

Thanks
Yes, the SNES two button bracket is compatible. Just make sure to use my drill guides to make the holes only after the bracket has been seated properly inside the shell. This way the guides will be in the final position to where the bracket will rest and assure proper alignment of X and Y holes to the bracket.

exodus

Post by exodus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 pm

sorry if this have beenanswerd before, but reading through tons of pages made me dizzy :s
my questions is:
Does the "PSP Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides" work with the new Kite board?
This one: https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5212

and is it this kinda psp joystick needed? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-3D-Butt ... SwPIhaQ4g9

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Sasherz wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 pm
sorry if this have beenanswerd before, but reading through tons of pages made me dizzy :s
my questions is:
Does the "PSP Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides" work with the new Kite board?

and is it this kinda psp joystick needed? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-3D-Butt ... SwPIhaQ4g9
Yes to both your questions :)

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:09 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:06 pm
Sasherz wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 pm
my questions is:

Yes to both your questions :)
thank you, will prolly end up ordering somewhat next week or so, I have a big shopping list for my gbz

slade4g63

Post by slade4g63 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 am

Does anyone know where I can download or buy a bracket for the L1/l2 button board that came with Kite's circuit sword?
I cannot find one that fits it.