[FOR SALE] 1mm glass screen protectors with silkscreen border. ( GBZ, CM3, DOT MATRIX )

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
jermzz

[FOR SALE] 1mm glass screen protectors with silkscreen border. ( GBZ, CM3, DOT MATRIX )

Post by jermzz » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Hey guys, production on the screen covers have finished, and they are getting shipped to me on Monday. I should have them no later than next Friday, at which point I'll start processing orders.

Due to being glass, I need to physically go down to the post office and check how I need to ship these internationally. I'm not sure what they are classified as the way I'm packaging them, so I don't know the exact shipping cost yet. They may only be available to UK and Canada internationally to start.

Final price is 12 dollars + 3 dollars shipping and handling domestically. These are the exact same size as the plastic screen covers that come on the DMG. They will fit perfectly in an original DMG case, and will have a SLIGHT but completely acceptable gap on aftermarket cases, at least the ones I have. But please note, there may be some aftermarket cases with different fits, I cannot guarantee a perfect fit for every China molded case variant.

https://retropiehandhelds.com/

Please order through the website above. Double and triple check your shipping address, as it's ported directly to PayPal for shipment, which is the only payment method right now. You'll receive an order number and a receipt to the email provided. When shipped, I will update tracking information in PayPal. Shipping will be via USPS First Class mail. (2-5 days) from California.

Update 8/8/17

Screens have arrived and shipping has begun. I've got through about half my orders, and I'll have the rest out tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest.

My international shipping to the U.K was a success, so I've opened up some popular international areas. If you want to have one shipped to anywhere not listed, please contact me separately and I will look at each shipping cost individually. There's a small chance a couple of the international shipments may get rejected, or so I've read from other people who have shipped this way. Sometimes it can just depend on who's sorting the shipments. If this happens, I will notify you and see if you want to make another attempt, or take a refund. I believe all should be ok though.

International shipping is 5 dollars. 12 + 5 =$17 total.

Update 4/6/18

Gameboy CM3 screens are now actively listed on the site. I have also replenished supply of the Gameboy Zero screens. Due to manufacturing issues, The adhesive backing will now come with the screen cover for you to self apply. It's very basic to apply and I have made a short tutorial on Youtube on the best method of applying. If you happen to mess up your adhesive strip some how, there are other methods of attaching such as 1mm double sided tape, or basic clear hobby glue. I am working on getting more backing stickers from the manufacturer, but it will take time. Hopefully I can list them as a separate product and people can buy them as needed as replacements, or for other screens. For now, I only have enough for my current inventory.

Gameboy Zero screens and Gameboy CM3 screens will come with adhesive sticker. Anyone still ordering the gray Dot Matrix with Stereo Sound screens, the adhesive will still come attached to the screen as long as I still have inventory.

link to the tutorial can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_jRBxjUABo&t=
SpoilerShow
IMG_8753.JPG
IMG_8753.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 16261 times
IMG_8752.JPG
IMG_8752.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 16261 times
IMG_8749.JPG
IMG_8749.JPG (1.56 MiB) Viewed 16261 times
image1 (2).jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 16261 times
screen4.JPG
screen4.JPG (228.54 KiB) Viewed 18758 times
screen3.JPG
screen3.JPG (173.75 KiB) Viewed 18758 times
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (21.52 KiB) Viewed 18758 times
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (80.72 KiB) Viewed 18758 times
Last edited by jermzz on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

livinin82

Re: [PRE ORDER] 1mm glass screen protector with silkscreen border and 2mm adhesive backing (USA ONLY FOR NOW)

Post by livinin82 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Yooooooo thank you so much!! I'm a perfectionist so this is seriously completing me.

Eccho

Re: [PRE ORDER] 1mm glass screen protector with silkscreen border and 2mm adhesive backing (USA ONLY FOR NOW)

Post by Eccho » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 am

When he ships to the UK, would there be someone to order these? I live in Austria and would like to buy. Sending costs are on me.

neolith

Post by neolith » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:09 am

jermzz wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:05 pm
They may only be available to UK and Canada internationally to start.
Awww... :(
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm sending some test packages to the U.K. with sample screens I got during design. If all goes well, I will open up buying to Europe and Canada. Will hopefully know by the end of the week.

First time I've shipped something glass internationally, so it's a bit new to be.

dhuynh210

Post by dhuynh210 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 am

ordered mines!

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:53 pm

So we have everything ready to ship EXCEPT for the screens. They were supposed to be here today, but delayed by customs. Hopefully we will have them by Monday. Bummer....
Attachments
IMG_6216.JPG
IMG_6216.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 18502 times

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:00 pm

I would love to order 2 of the screens.
but Im in Norway., but I would take the risk.
sandwitch them between cardboard inside padded envelope should be fine

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Sasherz wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:00 pm
I would love to order 2 of the screens.
but Im in Norway., but I would take the risk.
sandwitch them between cardboard inside padded envelope should be fine
It is not the packaging that is of concern, it is the cost.

Shipping them as Mail international is 5 dollars, but the mail must be able to bend to pass through the mail sorting machine. As you can imagine, glass doesn't bend. They may possibly reject it, or the screen may break.

To ship as a package is 13 dollars for 3oz, so that would make the total price go up to 25 dollars USD. almost double. I have sent some screens to some family in the U.K., should be there hopefully in a few days. If they make it and are unharmed, I will open up more areas for shipping.

If you're in dire need and want to pay 26 bucks, I don't mind doing that for you, but I'm assuming you'd rather wait and see if I can ship them cheaper.
Last edited by jermzz on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:27 pm

I will wait and see how it goes